promoting launch sites

After someone has been granted permision to fly on a field, how would you aproach the landownders about a public launch?

Reply to
tater schuld

Tell them that insured homeowners and renters are flying RECREATIONAL aircraft on their site. No spacecraft allowed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not necessarily. The landowner can say "all legal types" and it is up to the lessor to fly legal types.

Recreational use of land. Landowner is releived of lessor's acts and omissions.

Pardon the legalese and lack of personal attack.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then maybe I'm not understanding the question he asked.

Go ahead and read his question and then produce a clear answer to that question.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

..

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ok, let me clarify, cause i can see how it could get confused.

when our club asks to use a field, we usualy give the impression that it is for "club launches only". When i was asking about contacting landowners, I was meaning asking existing field owners about promoting a public launch event.

more i was interested in how to broach the subject to them without them thinking they are gonna get flooded with hundereds of accident-prone lawsuit-happy spectators that will trash their field.

clear as mud?

Reply to
tater schuld

Clear.

Don't lie to them or withhold the truth. Let them know your best estimate of who will attend and how many. If you already have permission for a club and want to open it up to the general public, they may require special procedures so that the club insurance covers everyone (such as roping off the launch area and inspecting all the rockets flown to see if they use legal motors - and if your insurance (NAR) requires certified motors, then check for that and safety code violations).

Most landowners that have given a club permission will gladly allow you to invite guests such as new families who may be interested in joining, scout groups, "Y" groups, school groups (including TARC), etc.

Maybe the property owner will come out with their family?

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Close, change "just for him" to "just for the club"

Yes, I was asking how to approach the owner

Reply to
tater schuld

message

legaly, but reality?

Club=12-24 people. all understanding that launching there is a priveledge

Public=more, and not one of them having a clue as to courtesy

Reply to
tater schuld

Money. That's what I did for this year's NSL. When I first mentioned it to them, they had this glazed look in their eyes, as if they were picturing their field being destroyed. When I mentioned money, they snapped to, and said "Really? How much?"

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc