Questions for our German rmr readers

If any of you are familiar with German model rocketry regulations, I would appreciate some help. I will be in Germany with my family for several weeks visiting in-laws. My wife wants me to "entertain" my nephews with some rocketry (building and launching), but I don't have any idea what is permitted.

What engines are legal? Where (typically) can I buy them? Where can they be launched? Does one require any kind of permit/permission?

Thanks in advance. Oh, and if there are any clubs in the area (Heidenheim,

30 km north of Ulm), that would be interesting to hear of.
Reply to
bit eimer

bit:

chance can you read German?
IF not, download the altavista babelfish translator and you can translate the entire website... have a great trip and fun...take some pics...

The person you probably want to talk to is Oliver Missbach......hes one of the heads of the German model rocket scene...

shockie B)

(Heidenheim,

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Bit,

I was in Munich & Berlin last year, and rocket kits and motors were readily available in large toy & hobby stores - apparently for sale over the counter without permits. Quest motors prevail over there (IIRC, they're produced in Germany) along with Held motors. Just looking at the distributor's catalogue (Klima Gmbh), there's nothing in the text that points to restriction in buying them. I believe that for larger motors, you need a Pyrotechnic Operator's license, but don't believe that this affects the A-D range. Klima also distribute some really neat smoke generators too.

G.

Reply to
Graham

Unless something has recently changed, you need a permit for Ds, I believe.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Hi Bit,

I live in Ulm, was born in Heidenheim, and my family still lives in Heidenheim...

So when you are here, there is no problem to meet us.

We are a small group of rocketiers in Ulm, flying rockets from C to J here in Ulm and in Swizzerland, which is only 2 hours to drive.

If you need more informations, feel free to contact me under: snipped-for-privacy@t-online.de

See you

Eberhard Aigner TRA 9632 L2

Reply to