QUICK! Before my ISP hits the 'delete' key!!!

Just posted several vrappy, unsharp digital pics to ABMR of my new toy.

Reply to
Gene Costanza

...but I meant 'CRAPPY'....

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Nice! Is it a charcoal metallic paintjob - or some type of exotic composite airframe?

Scott Sager

That beautiful finish job is just "un-Gene" like. C'mon, who really built that rocket??

Reply to
Bill Wehner

Hey, thanks! Rustoleum Black Night Metallic (#7250). Has an unusual brownish tone to it that (I feel) has to do with its high metallic content. Airframe is peeled LOC-tube with 2 layers of RAKA 9 oz. S-glass, topped off with West Low Density filler (#407).

Goes on like a champ, too. I heaped 11 cans of moderately heavy coats on this BAAAAAD boy (in two sessions, four days apart). LOTSA heat gun every 4-, 5 coats of the airframe. Also only sanded it twice (after priming with Painter's Touch Grey Sandable Primer): first to prep the primer coat (220 grit) and after the first session (400, 1200 and 2000 grit). STILL was about 4 total hours sanding.

Now let's see the f> Nice!

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Bondo Spot Putty and West #407 Low Density Filler are nothing short of amazing when filling FINE pits and holes.

Now, THERE'S a tip from a guy who's not that great a f> Just posted several vrappy, unsharp digital pics to ABMR of my new toy. >

Reply to
Gene Costanza

If you wanted the fins to stay on, you should have used glue instead of paint. 9-)

Phil Ste>Hey, thanks! Rustoleum Black Night Metallic (#7250). Has an unusual

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Remember - it's nekid under that paint.

Phil Ste>That beautiful finish job is just "un-Gene" like. C'mon, who really built >that rocket??

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

I picked up some Bondo a little while back. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Reply to
Bill Wehner