Re: ROL NEWS--RangePro 1000 Impulse Meter Available From RCS

September 16, 2003

.

> Source: RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc.
I am tempted to buy one just to support Gary's willingness to make such
instrumentation available to experimenters.
I wonder if there is any software. I suppose the data sheet says.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
I couldn't find it. Anyone? AnyOne?
Wondering how it compares to:
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
I wonder what the market will be now that all EX guys need a LEUP. And possibly a LEMP.
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
And why would 'you' think ALL EX guys need an LEUP?
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
HSA effectivly removed the instate loophole. Thats why the previously quiet ARSA suddenly became very vocal.
Of course you can still make motors under 62.5grams.
Then again I am not sure if it applies to raw AP, anyone know where to buy 62.5g batches of AP? ;-)
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
ONLY for non-exempt explosives.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
It most certainly does not. In fact, more often than not it does not mean APCP.
ieas.org
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
What makes you think EX = APCP?
WRONG.
Joel. phx
I can make as big a motor as I wish.
Do you see AP on the explosives list? I didn't think so. Maybe it's time to read up on the law.
Reply to
Joel Corwith
In the UK it usually means Hybrids. Several groups building their own hybrids, including this lot...
are currently in Black Rock...
Darren J Longhorn
Speaking of which, any news from BR yet?
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Not directly, though I heard from a UK based member that everything was going well.
Reply to
Darren J Longhorn
Bingo. EX is all encompassing, including water propulsion. ieas.org
Mike Fisher
Reply to
Mfreptiles
But let's not believe for a second that 'the powers' wish it to stay unregulated.
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
Hmm, That could sustain the hobby. How many people use thoes motors? I have never seen one at a launch. Does RCS sell the parts for that? ;-) RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
Joel, Can you inlighten us as to how much EX work is done without APCP? I have just never seen the figures. And I don't mean hybrid or liquid. But composit motors. I know there are other oxidizers but I thought they were harder to work with. If not someone should tell NASA they figured it wrong. Oh and all the motor vendors too.
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
My name is not Joel. However I probably have a better overall feel.
1. Sorbitol (ie sugar motors) 2. APCP 3. ANCP 4. Zn-S 5. KPCP 6. Black Powder (but #1 in the pyrotechnic field).
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
You know, I don't know either. I'll go out on a limb and say not all EX'ers want to be counted. But then I'm not implying that "everyone" uses APCP (by stating the HSA killed EX). Actually, all "I" have to show is that a single EX'r plays with something besides APCP. Here's 2:
How do you back up your assertion that "all" EX is APCP?
Oh please. Harder than the mixture using the "common oxidizer" which has killed 'at least one' worker and completely destroyed a commercial facility?
NASA uses liquid oxidizers, what did they figure wrong? They have a very specific goal, and it's not the same as 'all' EX.
Just because NASA uses APCP in boosters, and motor manufactures use it for plugNshoot, "everyone" has to? Does everyone have to launch the type of rockets that NASA built and kit manufactures produce?
I hear your bridge calling you.
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
They are.
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
NOS/hybrids/ liquid/hypergolic fit in there somewhere as well. APCP is just a percent of EX/Amateur. Lets not forget H20 and steam either.
Mike Fisher Binder Design
Mfreptiles
7. LOX/Alcohol 8. N2O/plastic 9. LOX/HTPB 10. H2O2 11. steam 12. water
remember "consumers" are excluded from this list or water and hybrids would be higher.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine