States that have adopted NFPA 1122/1125/1127

The following states have adopted the International Fire Code (IFC) = STATEWIDE and therefore have adopted NFPA 1122,1125 and 1127 per: "=A73401.1.4 Rocketry. The storage, handling, and use of model and high = powered rockets shall conform with the requirements of NFPA 1122, NFPA =

1125, and NFPA 1127."

Alaska AR GA ID IN MN NY NC OK PA (Adopted but may not be effective yet) SC UT VA WA WY

The following states have Local Government entities that have adopted = the IFC : (for example, a city or a county,etc)=20

AL AZ CO IL IA KS Maine MI MS MO NE NV NH ND OH TN TX

I need info on:

CT DE DC FL HI LA MA MD MT NJ NM OR RI SD VT WV WI

thanks shockie B)

=20

For example KY and CA has not adopted ANY of the NFPA codes nor the = IFC......

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:50:44 -0400, "shockwaveriderz"

1122 but not 1127. The Fire Marshall's office has been asked about adopting 1127 but they don't see the need for it.

Bill Spadafora

or
or NARTS
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net snipped-for-privacy@billsplumbing.com

Reply to
Bill Spadafora

What I've heard is that CA intends to adopt the new Universal Fire Code with respect to the general "fire safety in buildings" stuff but keep its own regulations with respect to rockets in particular.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Don't recall me and I will do whatever you pay me to say.

Got about 60k to pay his campaign in 3 maximum installments?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The work some folks are doing to modify the rocket regulations going forward should prove highly beneficial in the long run.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What is the basis for your claim? What VA state statute actually says they have adopted NFPA? I have searched the Virginia code and the only reference to NFPA I can find addresses only the NFPA fireworks code. As for statewide adoptation, there are at least two counties in VIrginia (Fairfax and Prince William) specifically do not allow High power rocketry and references which NFPA codes are exempt and which are not allowed.

Reply to
Dan Winings

dan : a chart here:

the IFC (International Fire Code) is effective statewide in VA... Section 3401.1.4 of the IFC contains: "=A73401.1.4 Rocketry. The = storage, handling, and use of model and high powered rockets shall = conform with the requirements of NFPA 1122, NFPA 1125, and NFPA 1127."

If a state or local jurisdiction adopts the IFC, they usually adopt it = in whole by reference, not in part....although that of course can be = done too... I was just basing my claim on that chart.... Its My understanding that a local jurisdiction can make certain laws to = be more restrictive, so perhaps thats what is being done here?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:45:14 -0700, David Weinshenker is alleged to have written:

I can personally confirm this based on direct conversations on this exact subject that I have had with several people in the Title 19 regulation area of the OSFM office in Sacramento.

- Rick "Code monkey" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson