How come Jerry only got two votes?

This month's "Model Rocketeer" says that Jerry Irvine received two votes for the NAR board as a write in candidate.
How come only two?
If I hadn't lost my ballot, he would have had three. I already had him written in when I lost it.
Phil Stein
wrote:

Phil Stein

I bet Mark Bundick is thankful :)
I suspect had I won and I was technically ineligible under the bylaws (IIRC) that the popular vote would have been ignored/bypassed by the board. THAT would have been interesting to say the least.
Jerry

I voted for Jerry. That's one. Who was the other one?
Karl Perry
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (KG8GC) wrote:

I can count my votes on my big toes!
What are you, diabetic?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

--

Once they put all of the hobby shops out of business, then they'll be
able to focus on the terrorists.

The V46 N4 8-03 Model Rocketeer on page 8 has the 2003 NAR BoT election results and I received 2 writein votes.
Jerry
Going for 79 next year :)
On 17 Sep 2003 01:40:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (KG8GC) wrote:

Careful! With only only two to account for, you could easily uncover vote counting fraud.

Due to the NAR bylaws, it is possible. First of all, there CAN be lots of names on the ballot. Say 20 names for 3 slots. It's very likely that no one would get a majority. Highest total wins. No runoff.
But there's another strange provision in the NAR elections. The board is required to be regionally diverse. The US is currently divided into 3 regions, East, Central, and West. There must be at least one board member from each region. So in a contested race, it is possible that the 3 highest vote totals are not elected. I'm pretty sure this rule was invoked in the distant past, where a candidate from the west was elected in spite of not having the highest total.
Hey, if there were no board member from the west, and no other candidate from the west, Jerry could have won by default!
that's it! I'm changing my name.....

Yea, no matter what the problem, it's always "default" of Jerry :-)

Whew! The NAR is safe from Jerry!

Point.
See one thread on electing me and I am not eligible and one thread on sneaking me in on the geographic distrinution clause and the conditions are not ripe.
The NAR is safe from me (being on the BoT).
Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Darian Rachal) wrote in message

Speaking of the Electoral College...
http://www.electoralcollegeusa.com
Ad Astra! Bill Sullivan
the_rocket snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (The Rocket Scientist) wrote:

Starting my campaign early. Next NAR BoT election I want your write-in vote.
Platform:
Reduced complexity NFPA-1122, 1125, 1127 Codify EXEMPTIONS Program to solicit/train manufacturers for certificaton.
Jerry

Why bother with a write in campaign. Nominate yourself next time around. If you're one of the 3 best candidates on the ballot, I'll vote for you!