How come Jerry only got two votes?

This month's "Model Rocketeer" says that Jerry Irvine received two votes for the NAR board as a write in candidate.

How come only two?

Reply to
NaCl

If I hadn't lost my ballot, he would have had three. I already had him written in when I lost it.

Phil Ste>This month's "Model Rocketeer" says that Jerry Irvine received two votes for

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

I bet Mark Bundick is thankful :)

I suspect had I won and I was technically ineligible under the bylaws (IIRC) that the popular vote would have been ignored/bypassed by the board. THAT would have been interesting to say the least.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I voted for Jerry. That's one. Who was the other one?

Karl Perry

Reply to
KG8GC

I can count my votes on my big toes!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Careful! With only only two to account for, you could easily uncover vote counting fraud.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Due to the NAR bylaws, it is possible. First of all, there CAN be lots of names on the ballot. Say 20 names for 3 slots. It's very likely that no one would get a majority. Highest total wins. No runoff.

But there's another strange provision in the NAR elections. The board is required to be regionally diverse. The US is currently divided into 3 regions, East, Central, and West. There must be at least one board member from each region. So in a contested race, it is possible that the 3 highest vote totals are not elected. I'm pretty sure this rule was invoked in the distant past, where a candidate from the west was elected in spite of not having the highest total.

Hey, if there were no board member from the west, and no other candidate from the west, Jerry could have won by default!

Bob Kaplow

that's it! I'm changing my name.....

Reply to
default

Yea, no matter what the problem, it's always "default" of Jerry :-)

Bob Kaplow

Jerry Irvine

Whew! The NAR is safe from Jerry!

Point.

See one thread on electing me and I am not eligible and one thread on sneaking me in on the geographic distrinution clause and the conditions are not ripe.

The NAR is safe from me (being on the BoT).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Gene Costanza

The V46 N4 8-03 Model Rocketeer on page 8 has the 2003 NAR BoT election results and I received 2 writein votes.

Jerry

Going for 79 next year :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Speaking of the Electoral College...

Ad Astra! Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Starting my campaign early. Next NAR BoT election I want your write-in vote.

Platform:

Reduced complexity NFPA-1122, 1125, 1127 Codify EXEMPTIONS Program to solicit/train manufacturers for certificaton.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why bother with a write in campaign. Nominate yourself next time around. If you're one of the 3 best candidates on the ballot, I'll vote for you!

Bob Kaplow