FlyRockets.com site LIVE! Please check your club info, MIA states

The FlyRockets.com site is now live, we invite you to take a look. If you get the placeholder when you go to

DNS has not propagated for you. You can also see the site at
If you have submitted Club or Vendor info please take a look at the listings and email me directly with any changes or updates. We are missing club info for the following states:

Alaska Arkansas Delaware New Hampshire

Are there any clubs out there? I bet there are, if you dont see your club listed, please email me!

Please keep in mind we're still finishing up the site, there are still a few rough edges here and there. Also keep in mind we are not asking for suggestions on what needs to be changed, etc. We're days away from the show, its time to polish and be ready!

Thanks for all your help and contributions.

Greg Deputy

Reply to
Greg Deputy

Looks beautiful so far! Excellent work, guys!!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Could someone translate this? ->( From: Great pictures and rocket websites page)

Great pictures and rocket websites! Aliquam nec eros vel velit lobortis lacinia. Suspendisse eros. Donec at arcu non leo lacinia commodo. Praesent pede diam, dignissim ut, semper eu, viverra eu, nunc. Donec diam. Proin odio tortor, tincidunt ut, tempor ut, sodales non, nunc. Morbi id urna. Ut tempor, est ut commodo congue, quam arcu hendrerit quam, ac tempus erat velit id lorem. Etiam massa ipsum, posuere et, euismod quis, tempor quis, odio. Nulla in urna. In posuere risus in mi.

Nulla euismod tempus risus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Fusce vel tellus eget enim vestibulum vestibulum. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Etiam adipiscing.

Duis dictum, felis non posuere fringilla, sem leo dictum mauris, vitae laoreet est ipsum non wisi. Curabitur eu dui. Pellentesque vestibulum. Quisque augue. Pellentesque eget augue ac elit egestas faucibus.

Nunc ipsum. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Pellentesque nec neque at turpis fermentum sollicitudin. Nullam pretium, arcu ac facilisis facilisis, sem arcu elementum augue, at lobortis arcu dui porttitor sapien. Etiam at wisi quis lectus porttitor dignissim. Praesent sapien. Donec eu elit. Etiam placerat, ante at porta adipiscing, mi augue ultrices est, in suscipit ligula purus eu sem.

Quisque vulputate augue id nisl. Cras bibendum pellentesque diam. Nunc vel lorem. Etiam pulvinar quam dignissim mauris. Nunc sodales. Proin viverra elit sit amet mauris. Mauris sit amet libero nec arcu consequat dignissim. Maecenas interdum, purus eu facilisis condimentum, pede urna ultricies magna, ac faucibus nibh enim ac mauris.

Reply to
Bruce OBrien

This is the best thing to happen to rocketry in years - well done. Barry Lynch

<locprecision

Excellent work!

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

J.A. Michel

Agreed.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Great site guys, and in so little time... excellent job!

I absolutely love the iconic graphics that have been placed across the top. Very nice and to the point, showing different levels of activity at all ages.

A few comments:

-

"Figure 9: The propellant grains are nearly gone and the motor exhausted. This does not mean that the rocket has stopped. If fact, the rocket is traveling at it highest velocity at motor burn-out and continues to climb (coast) for a considerable length of time. " "If fact" should be "In fact"

-

"How do I get started in rocketry?"

The whole article is written in first person perspective, which makes the whole site appear to be a one-man effort. Maybe this is intended... although I don't think you'd want a site advertised nationally (globally) like this to appear like a one-man band. If not, then the addition of a "by author so-and-so" under the title of this article would be enough to offset it without changing a single line of text in the article.

-

In my Internet Explorer (ver. 6) browser, the Tripoli logo is sitting on top of its' description of the club.

Also, I am curious why only NAR and TRIPOLI national organizations are listed? Did no others request listing officially?

-

UROC is listed twice, obviously by mistake, as the first listing says, "Comments will be forwarded separately." Also their title should probably list that they are both NAR and TRIPOLI associated... but that may be the disgression of the Prez of that group (I have forwarded an email to him).

-

Under "Vendors by State", why are many vendors listed in BOLD, and others are not?

-

... speaks for itself... (What language is that, anyway?)

- Markedly missing, is huge suppliers like Estes, Quest, etc... but, I guess this is a function of those manufacturers requesting it... and they must think they don't need it, eh?

OVER ALL,

I'd say, "Great Site!" Looks like it will be a winner. I hope that an additional aspect of the site covers rocket construction basics and the like. But maybe that more than the main focus of the site, and could be a heading under the Rocket Websites page. Again, very nice, and easy to navigate!

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

The first 2 clubs are not in Arizona and NWARS has some annoying pop-ups. NEARA links to SOLAR which says South Louisiana. If that's a boarder area, good idea to list it for both states (but it doesn't boarder Arizona). SEARS 572 is listed twice, once as NAR section 5, once as NAR section 572.

Joel. phx

NEARA (North East Arkansas Rocketry Association) Arizona, USA

snipped-for-privacy@bscn.com Meetings: Immediately following each launch. Launches: Monthly on Siegen Lane (Baton Rouge) near Tinseltown Theatre.

NWARS (Northwest Arkansas Rocketry Society (NWA) Arizona, USA

snipped-for-privacy@comp.uark.edu Meetings: Last Tuesday each month, 6:00 PM, Jones Center, Springdale. Launches: Last Sunday each month, 1:00 PM, JO Kelley Middle School, Springdale.

SEARS 572 (Southeast Alabama Rocketry Society NAR 5) SEARS 572 (SE Alabama Rocketry Society NAR 572)

Joel Corwith

Site looks great!

Just a suggestion, for easier navigation, throw in a "back to top" link at the bottom of the long pages so it's not necessary to scroll back up, or even better, put a small navigation word bar at the bottom of each page corresponding to the links available at top-left.

-Boomer

Boomer

Yes!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thank you!

(again)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

why is their NO mention of either Estes,Quest or Custom rockets?

Why is there no information regarding regulation as to who regulates EX or Amateur rocketry?

Greg I have a pdf I can send you that shows which states have adopted the IFC whih ny default means the state has also adopted NFPA 1122/25/27.... or I can point you to the web site..

I would ahve liked to have seen a micromaxx next to a mini A next to a regular A, next to an estes DE next to some aerttech SU and reloads next to HIJKLMN motors ... but thats just me.. and small micromaxx rockets to a M size rocket next to kids and people for comparsion purposes....so they could see the scale that rocketry includes...

Greg in toto you have done a great job ..congrats.....

shockie B)

also for the Kentucky Bluegrass Rocketry Society listing you need to add an Http: before the URL....and add our section # as NAR 657

shockwaveriderz

( From: Great pictures and rocket websites page) >>

That page is unfinished. Latin text is commonly used as filler to show the format of an unfinished layout.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I thought it was an easter egg :)O

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

kudos to anyone that *gets* it.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
Ned Tovak

Are you referring to the Easter Eggs in Atari's Adventure, or is this something so obscure even I don't get it?

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Bingo.

Do you know how to find it?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
Ned Tovak

The FIRST easter egg is a sensational first. That site is repleat with firsts whose reprocussions are still accelerating.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

install an emulator first :(

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There's a little dot you have to find and drag to a location. It lets you pass through a wall, where you can see a credit for Robinett.

At the time, Atari programmers weren't permitted to take credit for the games they wrote. This guy deserved the credit - he only had 4k to work with.

You'd have to have programmed in the 70s and early 80s to understand what this meant. I know modern programmers who have never heard of "code optimization" and don't understand the need for it when you explain it to them. (That must explain the software I own that claims it runs best on a 4 gigahertz machine.)

Imagine altimeter-based 2-stage deployment and a hybrid motor in a 1:1 Estes Alpha and you might have the idea.

I did not realize that was the first console Easter Egg:

Still, anyone that had the Atari 2600 console had Adventure, and most of us found the Easter Egg (usually through the help of a bulletin board on a TOPS-20 computer).

Some day I have to take the 2600 out of the garage and fire up Adventure, if only to show my nieces and nephews.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot