Re: The Mosaic is revealed...

The only facts that matter are manufacturing explosives for PADs. Just asking about explosives, of course you are going to be told an LEMP is required.

Yes, there is more BS here than in the portaJohns at the end of LDRS.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Um, Joel, thats the reason I called; commercial manufacture and sale of APCP, does it require a permit/license. Even stated that in my post. I never used the word explosives. Interesting enough they were the first to mention rocket motors in our convo.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

Even _they_ know that's all it be good for... it's not like it's something anyone would use for "truck bomb filling" ot anything.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Even _they_ know that's all it be good for... it's not like it's something anyone would use for "truck bomb filling" or anything.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Well of course they know that. Did anyone think otherwise?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

So you are basicly reporting they are violating their own law?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We should do an APCP truck bomb video :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They are a controlling force on the NFPA. Nothing gets passed without their approval.

Yeah, it happens all the time.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Their authority comes from the NFPA, and the ATF is a controlling force on the NFPA.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Hey Genius, why would the ATF tell people to get LEUPs for rocket motors if the ATF "knew" rocket motors were exempt and had no intention of enforcing it?

Hey Genius, what makes you think the ATF would give people that correct answer, after the ATF told them they needed a LEUP and magazine?

Dang, you're so stupid sometimes.

Reply to
RayDunakin

So tell us, Joel -- what did they say when YOU called?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry wrote:

Gee, it sure sounds like you think they wouldn't give you the "correct" answer, Jerry. Yet just a couple posts ago you insisted that the ATF would have "correctly" told people that rocket motors were PADs and didn't need to go in a magazine, even when the ATF's official policy was that motors were not PADs.

You'd better work harder on getting your excuses straight. You can't claim that the ATF will always tell people the "correct" Jerry-approved answer, and then turn around and say you hope nobody asks them.

_Now_, yes. _Now_ we have a judge's ruling telling the ATF to back off.

Reply to
RayDunakin

They haven't yet. Why would they start now?

IRS cannot do it right either. It is not a surprise a government agency gives false information. Just with ATF their personal agenda adds to the problem.

Jerry told you so.

Huh?

I said it is up to the user to train ATF and its agents as to what the law says.

If I said something otherwise or confusing, replace it with that statement.

I do not need to adjust every time you become confused and misinform.

Jerry

"Sometimes an avocation becomes a passion, and perhaps an obsession. Perhaps it's a control thing. Or a penchant for secrecy. Or a love of rules."

- Ted Cochran

"As far as I can tell, you just assume the "bashers" are in the wrong and the "ELECTED" officials are in the right. Blind Faith."

- Bob Wiersbe

"The bottom line is that if we all don't do something to get the BATF off our case, we'll all be back to "estes rocketeers" as our only marketable alternative. What fun that will be :-( "

- Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Duh, Jerry. That's what's been going on all along. The ATF enforces their own interpretation of the law, right or wrong. They do NOT always give people the

100% Jerry-approved "correct" answer. No, they do things like telling people to LEUPs and storage for PADs or risk being busted.

This isn't Jerry World, where a person can simply quote some regulation and all the field agents meekly run back to HQ with their tails between their legs saying, "Hey boss, you were wrong about those rocket motors, they really are PADs!"

In the real world, ATF headquarters sets the policy and the field agents enforce it, and only a judge has the power to stop them when they are wrong.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Yes it is. But you DO have to ask/tell/educate.

It is like work.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine