Re: Trying to resolve an argument, need help!

I'm not sure of which rockets you mean, I had both the V2 abd HJ and they had plastic fins. My FSI-F100 powered Estes V2 lasted a many flights.

Reply to
Starlord

There was a balsa fin maxi-Alpha and the clustered D rocket was balsa finned.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ah, never saw those over in Hawaii, all that made it over there when they first came out in the 70's was the Maxie Brute V2 and HJ. Not to many 'Big' rockets sold over there due to limited flying room.

As it was, I went out and flew my Solar Queen today.

Reply to
Starlord

No. Original (and all other) issues of the Estes Maxi V-2, Honest John and Pershing 1A had vacuformed fins. You cut them from a sheet and glued the halves together to make the hollow fin. Then you sanded the edge seams and then glued them to the plastic body or to the plastic fin attach points that were in turn glued to the body. ("Glued" means cemented..)

Plenty of other plans there as well:

And Jerry, the cluster models were "Pro-Series" and used basswood fins.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I stand corrected. Thanks.