rocket propellent

i learned a lot from just a few pages reading about it, and stumbled upon 1 page

guy, used a different way to make a candy rocket, he disolved it in water to make te KNO3 crystals finer, so i tried that and now i had way to much thrust and blew my motor to pieces. :-D so now i'm looking for the right nozzle size that will keep my engine in 1 piece.

i did not put a lot of time in it yet, due to propellent testing but did find a page in germany (i'm from the netherlands) so, maybe a trip to a german rocket testing day will come up soon, who knows.....

Reply to
jeroen

not an option, i live in the city, allso not availebel

LOX ???

for the info : i live in the netherlands, and thos chem. except for a few are noet availible (?) here

Reply to
jeroen

what is KP ? never heard of it in the netherlands.....

jeroen

Reply to
jeroen

This was not a serious suggestion for practical amateur work.

These materials (especially the nitrogen tetroxide) are quite hazardous to handle without special facilities.

Common abbreviation for "liquid oxygen".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Potassium perchlorate (KClO4) - it's an oxidizer that is useful in solid propellant mixtures.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Liquid OXygen. You'll have to pick up on the terminology to understand a lot of it.

Reply to
Len Lekx

There is no such thing as too much thrust, only inadequate motor design or construction. I suggest using some of the free software from the nakka site. That way you can design your motor on the computer, instead of destruction testing. I'd put top priority into contacting someone from NERO or DARK before doing any more "tests".

Best of luck, Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

Jimmy is a great guy, and way committed to education

check out his IEAS webpage at

- iz

jeroen wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

And thanks to Wesley Crusher, we all know the optimum intermix ratio...

Bob Kaplow

fore or aft? :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

It also produces propellants with high pressure exponents, making for *very* sensative to pressure variations motors.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

They built and tested the power unit. They had to move it on a remote controlled railroad car. Saw this on one of the science channels.

message

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Have yo tried your equivelant of Chem Central? Industrial suppliers?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine