Rocketeer just made AFV

America's Funniest Videos just showed someones' rocket corkspinning end over end, chasing the cameraperson, lawdarting, and then really late ejection.

Great. Just great pubilicty.

Reply to
a0002604

And probably absolute proof rocketry is inherently safe, since nobody was injured, killed, or likely to be either, at those speeds of approach.

Jerry

Spin this!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Was John Ashcroft behind the camera? :-D I hope, I hope, I hope.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

If this is the one others have pointed out before, if you look closely you can see the thin wire forcing the rocket in that direction. But, I may be wrong, that was a year or so ago.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

They had one awhile ago, A Big Daddy on a porta pad got blown over as it was going up the rod (you could hear the wind howling in the camcorder mic) . The kids dropped the launch controller, turned and started to run, the rocket hit one of then in the butt, and fell to the ground, do apparent harm done.

Reply to
John Karpich

In Philly some whacked soul threw a molotov cocktail into a campaign headquarter of a mayoral candidate, though they forgot to light it. The petroleum people and the gas lobby are not concerned. Gasoline won't be on the explosives list anytime soon, Go figure.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Good thing gasoline is exempt. God bless the fact they will never even hear that propellant exists.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

dont look like it was staged and looked to be under at least F power, if not G, looked like an orginized launch :-)

Reply to
LeRoycom

What we need is an automobile that runs on APCP.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Something like a 1967 Impala with a JATO pack?

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Actually it was '59 Impala.