ROL Auctions

The way I see it i could sell all my used stuff on ROL and buy all new stuff and make money it. I can't belive people pay more for stuff than it cost brand new. I could see if it was hard to get this stuff but it's not. Can someone explain to me how this is.

Dan McCullough TRA 7963 L2

Reply to
Dangerous Dan

Lots of Jerry's motors for auction.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe I should buy some. They work good and are hard to get.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Don't bother unless they cost less than what you paid for them the first time around.

8-)

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

My theory is that office cubicles are making Americans dumber. I hope to actually finish writing a book about that one of these days. Being in the building maintenance department for a major insurance company really opens your eyes to some extreme stupidity. When people spend their entire day in a cubicle, they seem to get dumber by the minute. I've got material to compete with Dilbert for decades.

"Oh, gee. All I had to do was plug it in?"

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

Considering with all the regulatory bullshit and being barred from some maerkets by TRA and NAR despite spending lots to try to comply with them over and over, I would estimate a typical G motor costs me about $500-$1000 ea.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've got a great funny booklet written by a guy who has spent a long time in the computer consulting business. It includes the second best computer story I've heard: "My dogs are getting fat". First place goes to "Always mount a scratch monkey".

But there is a chapter about plug polarity. Since over the phone you can NEVER get someone to admit a device is unplugged, he'd tell them to reverse the plug polarity. Never mind that most modern stuff have grounded or polarized plugs so you can't do that. You hear the "beep" when it's plugged back in, and you know that was the problem when they say "it's OK now".

Until they got back at him. One site had lots of VT-100s. Word spread that reversing the polarity made them run faster. He had to see for himself. Sure enough it did. Turns out one app they rarely used switched the VT-100 from JUMP scroll to SMOOTH scroll. SMOOTH scroll could only display about 2400 baud, while JUMP could do 4800.

Bob Kaplow

But let me say that I've spent thousands on the ROL auctions. I've been burned once or twice and made a few mistakes, however, if you know the prices, I've gotten some huge bargins on the auctions. I've also sold stuff for twice what I paid for it on the auctions. If you watch them closely you will learn what sells for what and how fast. Overall, I have made a large net profit. I now have too much stuff and too little time and haven't bought anything in a while, but I still get a charge out of checking whats movin on the auctions.

2K L2 Remove hatespam
Reply to
Kevin B. Keehn

I have about a 2500 square foot building -full- of crap that could be auctioned, manage it for me :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ok, I'll help.

See posting on a.b.m.r

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

I don't do ABMR so I will assume it is amusing and destructive.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It was not meant to be destructive in any way. I have no ax to grind.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

Taken as amusement.

Reply to