Whats happened to ROL Auctions?

Hi! I have noticed this passed summer how dead the web site has been lately. Has ROL Auctions made some changes I don't know about? How come
nobody as been posting ROL Auctions anymore? Is just me or has anybody else noticed this trend? Perhaps somebody could shed some light onto this subject. Thank you!
Robert
Try here instead http://www.hobbay.com /

Probably dead because Brent royally screwed up the ROL 2.0 redesign. Yes, saome things were dated and needed some work, but they threw out everything and came up with a hideous all-new design.
Also, the auctions had some problems, at least at the beginning, and that probably scared off auction sellers.
Brian Elfert
It seems that having different logins between the forums and auctions was also and issue. Based on what I saw today, it looks like this is being corrected.
I'm just wondering if it's "a day late and a dollar short", as it seems that much of the ROL activity seems to have moved elsewhere.
Brian Elfert wrote:

In the last few days I've bid on and won 3 different items on ROL 2.0. I've noticed a slow down in postings but I've haven't experienced any problems. All three transactions went flawless.
Andrew

The revamp of the site seems to have all but killed the auctions end of things, the result of fixing what ain't broken. ; )
Randy www.vernarockets.com
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:27:05 -0400, "Robert J. Richardson"

Mu opinion is that it is due to the changes in site. A lot of people don't like it.
Save for the motors you could buy off of ROL. I prefer ebay as it has a greater guarentee of actually receiving your item, or receiving a refund via your credit card company.
Robert J. Richardson wrote:

How so? I was shafted on Ebay and via PAY PAL and will never go back to either. .

nitram578 wrote:

Hi! I want thank everybody who responded. Checked the new ROL 2.0 site my self. I don't like the new change myself. As far selling anything on ROL I will continue to sell until I run into any problems. I always hated changes don't no why people can't leave well enough along. If it isn't broke don't fix it.
Robert
Robert J. Richardson wrote:

You might want to check out the new auctions on Rocketry Planet. They are completely free and offer a lot of features.
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http:/www.rocketryplanet.com

The ROL design needed some work, but they botched it big time. Brent claims that the redesign took two to three years of work. Must have recruited some first graders to do it.
Brian Elfert
No, just Troj ;)
writes:

When they first changed to the new format, I could get into the auctions but not the forums. Now I can't get anything at ROL. At the home page, I just get a blank page with the ROL banner at the top.
Too bad, because I really liked the auctions at ROL. As a buyer, it was much easier to find what I wanted there than at ebay. As a seller, I liked the fact that my auctions would be targeted to a rocketry-only audience. I also liked the fact that it was free.