Whats happened to ROL Auctions?

Hi! I have noticed this passed summer how dead the web site has been lately. Has ROL Auctions made some changes I don't know about? How come nobody as been posting ROL Auctions anymore? Is just me or has anybody else noticed this trend? Perhaps somebody could shed some light onto this subject. Thank you!

Robert

Reply to
Robert J. Richardson

Abby Normal

Probably dead because Brent royally screwed up the ROL 2.0 redesign. Yes, saome things were dated and needed some work, but they threw out everything and came up with a hideous all-new design.

Also, the auctions had some problems, at least at the beginning, and that probably scared off auction sellers.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

In the last few days I've bid on and won 3 different items on ROL 2.0. I've noticed a slow down in postings but I've haven't experienced any problems. All three transactions went flawless.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

It seems that having different logins between the forums and auctions was also and issue. Based on what I saw today, it looks like this is being corrected.

I'm just w> "Robert J. Richards>

Reply to
AZ Woody

The revamp of the site seems to have all but killed the auctions end of things, the result of fixing what ain't broken. ; )

Randy

Randy

Mu opinion is that it is due to the changes in site. A lot of people don't like it.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
lunarlos

Reply to
nitram578

Hi! I want thank everybody who responded. Checked the new ROL 2.0 site my self. I don't like the new change myself. As far selling anything on ROL I will continue to sell until I run into any problems. I always hated changes don't no why people can't leave well enough along. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Robert

Reply to
Robert J. Richardson

You might want to check out the new auctions on Rocketry Planet. They are completely free and offer a lot of features.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

When they first changed to the new format, I could get into the auctions but not the forums. Now I can't get anything at ROL. At the home page, I just get a blank page with the ROL banner at the top.

Too bad, because I really liked the auctions at ROL. As a buyer, it was much easier to find what I wanted there than at ebay. As a seller, I liked the fact that my auctions would be targeted to a rocketry-only audience. I also liked the fact that it was free.

Reply to
raydunakin

The ROL design needed some work, but they botched it big time. Brent claims that the redesign took two to three years of work. Must have recruited some first graders to do it.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

No, just Troj ;)