Screw switches for altimeter

Wayne - that link goes to a search page, not a specific product.
Another poor hapless victim of Frames...
-- David

401-1025-ND or 401-1023-ND or 401-1024-ND
Lots of different styles to choose from.

THis is a good equivelent to the rotary switch on Bob's site. The original post was looking for the screw switch - not a rotary switch.
Mike -
The more recent AltAcc, uses an all metal screw terminal for a switch. Like these: http://www.keyelco.com/kec/pdfs/p39.pdf
The older AltAcc used a screw switch with a plastic base. I don't have a source for these, but I think the newer part is better anyway.
-Jeff Taylor
Binder Design wrote:

I think he's looking for a real switch. Something that you could stick a screwdriver through a hole in an altimeter bay, and screw to close. This kind of terminal requires you to have full access to wrap the wire around it.
-- David

David-
It's clear that you haven't seen an AltAcc 2C, which uses a screw terminal as a switch. The terminal is positioned over an empty(*) pad on the PCB, when the screw is turned in, the point contacts the pad and completes the circuit. It's a very clever alternative use for a common part. The result it exactly what he's looking for, something you could stick a screwdriver through a hole in the altimeter bay.
(*) the pad isn't completely empty, there's a large blob of solder there to provide a "landing zone" for the screw.
-Jeff Taylor
David wrote:

I see, thanks!
-- David

I tried to find those about a year ago, also. Never did find the original source. The closest I got was that Electronic Goldmine http://www.goldmine-elec.com/ used to sell them for 30 cents. Last year, they were on their sold-out list, but now I can't find them at all. No way I would pay $2 each for them, even for a couple.
-- David

Make your own real simply.
Take a piece of double sided PCB... Drill a hole.. Solder a brass #6 nut to one side Insert screw.. Solder one wire each side of PCB when screw is turned down circuit will be completed, Just make sure through hole is counter sunk a little on the screw side so the shaft does not touch copper on the screw side...