Screw switches for altimeter

No, actually it would be very difficult to calculate this. Those equations deal with ideal situations, what we're dealing with here is real world imperfections. In all of my home-made electronics I have yet to see switch bounce enter as a factor, not have I even used decoupling caps to smooth the supply. Tell me again what the circuit is to do.

mike cosmodrome rocketry

Reply to
Janine and Mike

David-

It's clear that you haven't seen an AltAcc 2C, which uses a screw terminal as a switch. The terminal is positioned over an empty(*) pad on the PCB, when the screw is turned in, the point contacts the pad and completes the circuit. It's a very clever alternative use for a common part. The result it exactly what he's looking for, something you could stick a screwdriver through a hole in the altimeter bay.

(*) the pad isn't completely empty, there's a large blob of solder there to provide a "landing zone" for the screw.

-Jeff Taylor

David wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

How about

?Ref=114958&Row=118836&Site=US

Reply to
Wayne Johnson

I see, thanks!

Reply to
David

That doesn't work either. I think you're going to have to tell us the part number or the search terms.

?Ref=114958&Row=118836&Site=US>

Reply to
David

Make your own real simply.

Take a piece of double sided PCB... Drill a hole.. Solder a brass #6 nut to one side Insert screw.. Solder one wire each side of PCB when screw is turned down circuit will be completed, Just make sure through hole is counter sunk a little on the screw side so the shaft does not touch copper on the screw side...

Reply to
jderimig
401-1025-ND or 401-1023-ND or 401-1024-ND

Lots of different styles to choose from.

Reply to
Wayne Johnson

THis is a good equivelent to the rotary switch on Bob's site. The original post was looking for the screw switch - not a rotary switch.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I assume you mean 'voila', as the French would say :)

Just checkin'

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Good idea BTW..

Reply to
Niall Oswald

No, the Frogs say 'wa-la'; they just spell it 'voila' :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

The french frogs say "voila".

The german frogs just say "kaboom".

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm not a frog, so I guess that explains that!! :) rib-bit...

Fred

Reply to
WallaceF