Semi-OT: Pix of my VLA/Los Alamos trip

For those of you with nothing better to do than to pay detailed attention to my travels, I've posted pix of the VLA and Los Alamos trips to:

XX = 01 to 21
XX = 03 to 10

The Los Alamos series includes a picture of an item with fins, so by looking at this post sideways, through rose-coloured someone-elses-prescription glasses, you can easily see that it's rocketry related. Enjoy.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Did you see any Snakes ?

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Much to my substantial disappointment, I saw no snakes :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Wow. That's a very large array.

Reply to
Doug Pratt

Is that a Very Large Array in your pocket, or ....

;-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Man.... great rocket guy makes it to new mexico and I miss him(even though I am still a couple hours drive away).

Pax

Reply to
Paxton

Sniff, I miss you, too, Pax. :-) :-)

But seriously, next time I travel somewhere, I should probably let folks here know far enough in advance so that I can at least get some free [local snack food and libation] in exchange for lively tales of hybrid combustion...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Not too many rocket folks, especially Canadians make it down here. When Richard Nakka was down here a couple years ago for an arocket event I only got to hang around him for a couple hours. I had school, work, and other dull stuff so I couldn't see his propellant casting technique or see his flight down near where you were.

My EET program does a yearly trip down to the VLA. I didn't make it last time but would like to check it out. I am not really a astronomy guy, but it sounds worth the day trip. Did you have fun?

Pax

Reply to
Paxton

Marcus, Next time you make it to Detroit, let me know. We can chat about LDRS plans.

Marcus Leech wrote:

Reply to
Mark Simpson

In the nearly 10 years I've been doing international standards work, we've never had a meeting in the Detroit area. But I'll certainly keep you in mind if I'm ever in the area.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Really? You've never been to Detroit for the SAE World Congress even? If you come to the 2004 SAE World Congress, you'll get a chance to hear me give a paper on aluminum pretreatment in the auto industry. I'll even buy you a beer afterwards, Molson or LaBatt's, of course. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Different standards domain than SAE. While I'm nearly certain that I'd find your paper fascinating, it's unlikely that my employer would send me to an SAE meeting. (Although, years ago, in more enlightened and prosperous times, my employer sent me to a low-cost access to space conference :-) ).

I've recently presented papers on requirements for key-agreement protocols for IEEE link-layer security, and a paper on insecurities in EPON networks having to do with receiver physics.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Oh, you're right....different standards. (I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about )

Mak Simpson NAR 71503 Level II God Bless our peacekeepers

Reply to
Mark Simpson