My trip to the VLA

I'm currently on a business trip to Albuquerque, and decided to take
a quick day trip to the VLA near Socorro, NM.
The rocketry-related portion of this post is that they have a
visitors center at the VLA, and the introductory video
presentation *opens* with a bunch of kids flying
model rockets. I can't remember the exact wording, but
it was something like "mankind has always been fascinated with
reaching for the the sky". I was quite a (pleasant) surprise.
For anyone who happens to be in the area, I highly recommend a trip
to the VLA. It should be on everyones "geek tourism" list :-)
Reply to
Marcus Leech
Visit Ray Calkins while there!
> > The rocketry-related portion of this post is that they have a > visitors center at the VLA, and the introductory video > presentation *opens* with a bunch of kids flying > model rockets. I can't remember the exact wording, but > it was something like "mankind has always been fascinated with > reaching for the the sky". I was quite a (pleasant) surprise. > > For anyone who happens to be in the area, I highly recommend a trip > to the VLA. It should be on everyones "geek tourism" list :-)
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
What is the VLA??
Reply to
RayDunakin
Very Large Array - the largest aperture synthesis radio telescope in the United States.
Ed
Ah! I was thinking "Vertical Launch Area". :)
Reply to
RayDunakin
Jerry Irvine wrote in message
Doh! I forgot that Ray was in NM. I leave here tommorow morning.
Reply to
Marcus Leech