Pix of Aluminum weldment by MIG

Anyone know of a site that has pictures of a weld by a MIG gun?

Need to know what a good weld looks like so I can strive for that when my gun comes in. I know what a TIG aluminum weld looks like.

Thanks

Cass

Reply to
Cass

Go look at welded aluminum boat to see MIG welds.

Reply to
R. Duncan

On my trailer project I did 68 linear feet of 6061T6 1/8" diamond plate for the fenders. The machine was a SP125+.

The welding was quite difficult with that machine, but after some practice, the results were good.

See

There are a bunch of other photos of the trailer I welded up on that site, but the 019 is the best shot of aluminum MIG welding.

Reply to
frank

Thanks, Duncan and Frank.

Frank, to me, those welds look good. Are they AFTER practicing with the small machine or before?

Cass

How much does diamond plate like that cost per sheet approximately? Why is it so shiny, did you polish it out?

Reply to
Cass

Okay, Frank. Thanks for the input.

I will be using a Millermatic 200 with a Spoolmatic 1 gun.

I need to get some tips for the gun as all it came with was an .062 tip.

It will be interesting to see how that diamond plate lasts with its high-polish. It sure is pretty.

I just hope I can do as well as you after some practice.

Cass

Reply to
Cass