Slightly OT - Why?

How come I can see some posts to Binaries and not others? I use outlook (OutHouse) Express.....

Have been using

see them all.

Cheers..

Reply to
CJC

"CJC" wrote in news:ZZwke.15121 $ snipped-for-privacy@nasal.pacific.net.au:

Usenet is a cooperative collection of servers sharing their traffic with their neighbors. Some aren't as good at sharing as others.

A pic posted to Server A, might get sent to Sever B, and then to Sever C. Another pic posted to Server C, might get sent to Server B, but if B is a bad boy, he might not share with "A".

It all depends on how far off the main highway your news server is.

ScottE

Reply to
ScottE

Exactly... _this_ issue has nothing to do with one's chosen newsgroup software.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

two other points to add.

the server you subscribe to may not like grabbing pics. my old dialup provider only gave out 10-20% of all binaries.

also, some graphic types are not represented correctly. I also use outlook and some pics only show as file attachments, usually with 2 files with the same name. clicking on the second one gets me the picture (dunno why)

Reply to
tater schuld

Whoever posted it is using a Mac.

They save all files as two with the same name.. One is very tiny, called a resource file.

Reply to
AlMax