Slightly OT - Why?

How come I can see some posts to Binaries and not others? I use outlook (OutHouse) Express.....
Have been using http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/alt.binaries.models.rockets.html
to see them all.
Cheers..

Usenet is a cooperative collection of servers sharing their traffic with their neighbors. Some aren't as good at sharing as others.
A pic posted to Server A, might get sent to Sever B, and then to Sever C. Another pic posted to Server C, might get sent to Server B, but if B is a bad boy, he might not share with "A".
It all depends on how far off the main highway your news server is.
ScottE
Exactly... _this_ issue has nothing to do with one's chosen newsgroup software.
~ Duane Phillips.

two other points to add.
the server you subscribe to may not like grabbing pics. my old dialup provider only gave out 10-20% of all binaries.
also, some graphic types are not represented correctly. I also use outlook and some pics only show as file attachments, usually with 2 files with the same name. clicking on the second one gets me the picture (dunno why)
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

Whoever posted it is using a Mac.
They save all files as two with the same name.. One is very tiny, called a resource file.