Proof: Model Rocket Engines are not Explosives

Well, we now have legal evidence that model rocket engines are not
explosives:
(no, it didn't ask me for a userid, if it does you, you have bad
karma).
It they were explosives, the Douglas County Sheriff's Department would
have charged him with making a bomb, not "making a false report of a
bomb"!
Take that ATF!
Reply to
Wayne Johnson
bomb != explosives
It's pretty easy to make a bomb without using anything classified as explosive. If you're clever, you can even make a bomb without using anything that is flammable.
-- David
Reply to
David
I like that - Farros was booked on suspicion of making a false report of a bomb. After his girlfriend called and reported him.
Reply to
Phil Stein
Unfortunately (in this case), decisions by a local police department don't set a national judicial precedent.
Dave
Wayne Johns> Well, we now have legal evidence that model rocket engines are not > explosives:
Reply to
dave.harper
Well, you all remember this one
"The company that designs and builds motors for the space shuttle has developed a new use for leftover rocket fuel that could save countless lives worldwide.
The fuel is being incorporated in a flare that destroys land mines where they are buried without using explosives. "
David wrote: > > bomb != explosives > > It's pretty easy to make a bomb without using anything classified as > explosive. If you're clever, you can even make a bomb without using > anything that is flammable. > > -- David
> > Well, we now have legal evidence that model rocket engines are not > > explosives: > > > >
DaveL
only proof that I see here is that the person trying to make the bomb is a loser with a capital L. I made pipe bombs from estes BP back in 68 when I was 13....
but wait a minute, thats not its intended use, you say?!... well flying fully fueled 747 in tall skyscrapers isn't exactly "intended use" either
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Site Timeline