Small diameter phenolic kits?

My faithful Rocket Vision Solar-Venture finally bit the dust at my most recent launch. I was wondering if anyone was selling small phenolic
kits like Rocket Vision Rugged-Rockets line used to be? I looked at the Public Missiles Tiny Pterodactyl, but I would really like something with a sub-2" diameter. If Public Missiles sold a shorter Cirrus for use with E and F motors, that would be exactly what I would want. Thanks in advance to all who respond.
Leslie

Hi Leslie,
what properties are you looking for in a small phenolic rocket.
in rockets that small, the phenolic adds lots of weight.
AlMax wrote:

In one word, indestructability. I don't mind the weight, but I like rockets that can survive a 500' fall onto pavement when the parachute doesn't open. :) Also, I like the sheer novelty of having a phenolic rocket that small.
Leslie Houk wrote:

500' onto pavement, and you're asking about phenolic? Have you ever actually USED phenolic?
Cardboard is more likely to survive than phenolic is.
Instead of investing in expensive tubes, invest in reliable recovery systems.
-Kevin

I've seen Phenolic shatter doing that, and fiberglass tube shatter as well.
LOC tubes will put a dent in the end, and I can bend them back out from the dent on a far fall.
If you really want a phenolic tube, call redarrowhobbies.com
Dave has some in quite a few sizes.

Well, I wouldn't quite say that about the phenolic rocket I flew in C SD at NARAM last week. BT20 sized. The stuff is so brittle we used to call it "crackshaft"!
Personally I would suggest the smaller kits from Loc Precision (www.locprecision.com). The tubes are spiral wound paper, but will take a lot of punishment. I would suggest an Aura, Weasal or Legacy. I have flown a Legacy on various combinations from 3 x C6 (Without the motor mount) to a G64. The Loc kits are not suitable for Estes D or E motors, but fly great on Aerotech E, F & G motors. I own about 10 Loc kits and have always been very satisfied with the quality of parts. My smallest kit would either be the legacy or the lil nuke. My biggest is the King Viper III, which I have flown sucessfully on clusters of Pro38 motors.
The PML Cirrus Dart could probably be flown without the payload bay on F motors, but if you are really set on an indestructible rocket, I would suggest looking at composite tubing. Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.ws) sells a kit called the Raptor. It is a near minimum diameter kit, weighing approximately 14oz. I have heard several good reviews about this kit.
HTH
Rob House UKRA 1258 - Level 2

Rob,
Thanks for telling me about the Raptor. Do you have any URLs to the reviews you mention?
Leslie
Rob House wrote:

Leslie Houk wrote:

I've been looking at this kit as well. Heres the review I was reading.
http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/hm_raptor.html
-Aaron