Spacewalk tomorrow,... I think

Was flipping 2,000 channels and the ISS session on NASA (on Directv now,
376) indicated a space walk would occur tomorrow (Thursday I think) in the
afternoon (4 something) Houston time. Wasn't exactly sure if the ISS 'show'
was live or a recording, guess I'll find out tomorrow.
They said they needed to replace a component and talked about restoring a
power supply. All I could think of was HAL indicating a component was about
to fail,....
Joel. phx
Sorry, please resume the petty bickering,....
Reply to
Joel Corwith
David Bowman was replacing the now-famous AE-35 unit, which keeps the main antenna pointed at earth. There have since been several movies that refer to an AE-35, as well as to the less-known CRM-114 from Doctor Strangelove. I guess people who make movies DO watch other movies...
I spend much of my time elbow deep in the guts of computers, and even there occasionally come across those numbers!
Reply to
Scott Schuckert
You should check out how often Buckaroo Banzai's "oscillation overthruster" has been used in various movies and TV shows:

Vince

Site Timeline