Stopping Spin on a Video Camera Rocket

If you want to solve your problem go here:
deltavrocketry.com
Brittian has some interesting hardware.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in message

If your rocket's special purpose is video, then the simplest method of reducing spin is to increase the rocket's polar moment of inertia by moving some mass outward (imagine a spinning skater with arms out versus arms in).
Use narrow, long fins with as much of the mass outboard. I know this will add some extra drag or weight (but small relative to your video camera) but the spin will be reduced.
jd
On 8 Jan 2004 06:21:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@usa.xerox.com (John D) wrote:

Unfortunately, with high power rockets, the added fin length increases the chance of fin breaking. So there's a limit to how much I can do that. On the other hand, that's the first time I've seen that suggested. Points for thinking outside the box!
Zooty
writes:

OK, then, a Sprite style ring. Actually, if you're going to add mass, put it at or in front of the CG so it doesn't cause stability problems. How about 3 or 4 antenna like masts sticking out perpendicularly from the payload section, with weights on the end.