thought experiment

greetings, fellow rocketeers, (and all the newsloons adrift at sea)
Given the apparently increaing number of problems those of us who like
seeing rockets fly have been facing...
I was wondering what folks think/would think of launching model rockets from a barge about 12 miles off shore?
I need a design idea to play with, and this is one candidate...
Bob

Need to consider recovery and salt water in the electronics bay.
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:54:25 -0500, Robert Juliano

Which of your problems whould this eliminate?
I have thought of this, but not for "model" rockets
means you have to deal with the UN regarding rocket launches in international waters, yet another can of worms to open.
for a significant rocket, I would consider outsourcing a launch field to canada myself. or mexico.
both countries (i believe) wouldnt mind hosting a launch if it could further their status in the space race.
mexican border might be hard. canada border would be too easy :)