Upscale Shuttle

I am planning to build an upscale version of the 1/162 scale stack from Estes. I am planning to use the foam Columbia Glider kit as the shuttle, or a reference size. I need some help with BT sizes for the ET and SRB tubes. I don't mind foing a little math, just unsure of how to go about this.

TIA

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

If being close to scale is your goal, you're probably better off using the data in ROTW to build your scale model from the foam orbiter than you are to upscale the kit.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Bob,

Are...are you shilling for Peter Alway???

;-)

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

Sure, why not.

Seriously, I understand that the stock of ROTW is just about depleted, and that it is unlikely that more will be printed in the near future. I wonder what these will go for in auctions when they are out of print?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I have found this many on the web;

NONE.

Price for past editions from book dealers:

$150! 3 available on Amazon.

Maybe they should hook up with Happy Hobby up in America's Rhineland...

Reply to
Pete Pemberton