What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

In any case you are NOT engaged, but you are present and trolling.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe you should quit biting.. (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I've been a victim of a drunk driver. When he rear ended me it was AT LEAST his 4th arrest for DUI. Which meand he's been drunk behind the wheel at least 400 times. Our current laws do not work. Violating my rights to find a few more doesn't work. Especially when I regularly see cops ignoring clear signs of DUI on a regular basis.

What is needed are serious penalties to those who drive drunk: manditory jail time for all (even icons of our society like sports figures, pop stars, and future presidents), permanent loss of license, assult with a deadly weapon charges against any one who causesd a crash like the guy who hit me (a DUI crash is *NOT* an "accident"), and murder charges against those who cause fatalities.

We can make our cities safe by putting a pair of jack booted government thug armed with M16s on every street corner. They will stop every person approaching the intersection, in a vehicle or on foot, demand "Paperz Pleeze", ask why you are there, where you are going, and why you are going there, and who you will be with. The whole time the other one will have his M16 pointed at your head. If they don't like your answers, your looks, your religion, your race, your hair style, your t-shirt, or whatever, they shoot.

Wait a minute, isn't that what my father's generation fought against in Europe in the 40s?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Bob Kaplow

240 seconds is 4 minutes longer than allowed by the bill of rights. No one has the right to stop any citizen without due cause. Regardless of the "greater good".

Bob Kaplow

Yet that is EXACTLY what they do every time there is a knee jerk response to anything. There need to be serious JAIL sentences to every government official who violates any citizens constitutional right. From the beat cop on my block to the person in the oval office.

Bob Kaplow

I have several at

and a couple mor ein the works. I'd offer Jerry a home for the Fred.Faq but I think he's got more space than I do.

ASTRON_WORKSHOP.FAQ BOBS_ROCKET_FAQ.FAQ CHUTE.FAQ GLIDER.FAQ JERRY.FAQ ROGERS_TRA.FAQ TRIPOLI.FAQ

Bob Kaplow

Then you get the "mind if have a look around your car?"

And people say "sure".

Reply to
Tweak

I think those are actually the clear signs of idiots behind the wheel...drinks optional.

Take a look at

the AMA is working to promote legislation to just such an end, not just for drunks but for anyone who causes serious injury/fatality as the result of ?reckless disregard for the safety of others?. While the initial goals focus on motorcyclists, the end result will be of benefit to all motorists.

Reply to
Tweak

As I have said many times, we live in a POLICE STATE right now.

Fred Wallace and Phil Stein are cheerleaders for it.

Is THAT treason?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then leave if you dont like it

Reply to
joel

That's an un-American sentiment. Americans were supposed to be the people who would fight their own government if necessary to save it from tyranny... what happened to us?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Of course! Good Jews have nothing to fear from the Reich! Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

This statement is very scary precisely because it applies TODAY and HERE and to ALL citizens and not merely a small ethnic group.

These are scary times for the union itself.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Cowardess.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Would that be a female coward?

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Where does it say that in the Bill of Rights??

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Are they unbiased or selectively discriminate in content?? (:-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Your so childish..

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

"W. E. Fred Wallace" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@boe.com:

It's OK with me if YOU want to surrender your rights,but don't expect me or others to do the same.

Sobriety checkpoints are nothing more than fishing expeditions. And unconstitutional.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

And "probable cause" does not include the manner of transportation you happen to be using or the time of day/night you are travelling.

Reply to
Jim Yanik