What rocket "whistle" to use.

I have tried before to epoxy whizzer party type whistles to the sides of a rocket, sort of like Estes Screeming Mimi. So far I have yet to
get this to work at all. What whistle should I use ?
snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com wrote:

I got my Mimi to whistle by using a higher impulse motor (I think it was an E30-7T)
You can get rockets to whistle by fin placement too (I think the BSD Thor does this as well as the PML Endeavour)
-Aaron
Some THOR's whistle, some don't. I think I got my 3" THOR to whistle once. It depends on wind conditions, motor impulse, and how aligned or misaligned the upper and lower fins are.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

I have noticed that THORs whose upper fin trailing edge / lower fin leading edge are squared off rather than being rounded or bevelled seem to whistle more. Mine does, especially on pokey motors ;o)
--
Richard Parkin
UKRA 1268 L2