Where does this "No Guidance" stuff come from?

I saw it on TRF, questioned it, and got no answer other than "it's not actually". I just saw it again on the DARS site.

Where do people get the idea that guidance is forbidden in model/HPR rockets? Even if they don't know about the sun-following bird from a NARAM R&D project, you'd think they'd catch on seeing R/C boost gliders.

Who started this and where can I go to spank them for it?

Reply to
Dr. DynaSoar

I think it is a bastardized reference to the passage in the NAR MR Safety Code:

"Flight Safety. I will not launch my rocket at targets, into clouds, or near airplanes, and will not put any flammable or explosive payload in my rocket. "

Reply to
Al Gloer

There was a rule once. I have not seen it for a while so somebody must have killed it. You might check NFPA-1127 for it.

You would think with all the rule changes, NAR/TRA would kill all references to ATF and reduce offset distances to blast radiuses.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine