Which brush for fiberglassing?

Possibly - nitrile is definitely more resistant to penetration by chemicals.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The nitrile is resistant to chemicals that will disolve the latex.

Bob Kaplow

One thought on the original question.

We buy a high quality paint brush for our use. The cheap ones tend to breakdown rather quickly. Possibly from the breakdown, of the bristle bonding agent, by some chemical in the resin .(losing bristles)

For hand lay-up operations, a paint roller is generally used to apply resin (Iso, vinyl ester, and epoxy systems). Just like painting, the thinner the material being applied, the thicker the nap of the roller needs to be, for optimum coverage, and in the case of composites, the better the "wet out" of the part.

Reply to
Tony Gaither

I use a small piece of faom (packing foam from Cisco router boxes to be specific - but any cushion foam works OK) and cut it into squares about the size of match boxes to playing cards (depends upon the size of the tube) and use my gloved hands to hold the foam piece. I use it similar to the way people use bread to mop up gravy.

HTH, Des Bromilow Qld Rocketry Assoc, Brisbane OZ

Reply to
Des Bromilow

I knew there was a reason that I pay $35,000 for a router. At least I can play with the packing. The router only causes misery.

;-)

Reply to
Al Gloer