Which U/C Hybrid to choose

I'm looking into various U/C style hybrid motors and I'm looking for any recommendations orbrands to stay away from.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
peter.t.ekstrom

As near I can tell, they're all good. I have West Coast and RATTworks. I really like the West Coast I110. I've flown the RT H70 and it's ok, but the I110 is much nicer. I also have Hypertek and like them too.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Sky Ripper Systems have 29mm G-H motors and 38mm G-J motors available. They rock!

Try

for details

Mark A Palmer

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

great performance comes from the skyrippers brand.

I have flown the 38mm sets to much success.

I have the 29mm cases and should be getting the reloads soon.

I've seen the 29mm fly as demos and they have great sound and punch.

to be fair, Ratt 29mm motors are ok, and I own them as well, but don't seem to have the punch of the skyrippers.

Ratt's large K, L, and M motors really Cook however !

reloads for both those brands are found at most hybrid dealers.

Reply to
AlMax

I've flown the RATTWorks H70 around a dozen times, and have been very pleased with it. I've flown the K240 once and love the motor!

I have about a half dozen SkyRipper 38mm flights, and the motors have performed beautifully. I have the 29mm hardware, but no reloads. Yet. Those are coming shortly.

I also have a West Coast Hybrids I motor that I haven't flown yet; I've heard they perform well.

Propulsion Polymers I've only seen in pictures, but they're supposed to be good motors, as well.

So.... I'd say as much as anything it depends on what you like. I have some ties in to the SkyRipper stuff, so I'm a bit biased towards them, I'll confess.

You really cannot go wrong with any of them. Check with people in your club and see what they're flying; see how you like the performance. See if you can buy a reload and fly the motor in one of your rockets.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Hello Peter

Well, again a bias opinion but with West Coast motors you find a bigger bang in a shorter package.. Unlike other mono tube system West Coast designs specific chamber lengths for individual impulses allowing for much shorter overall length. If length is an issue??

I personally like all mono tubes out there and each have their up's and down's, I guess it really just comes down to personal preference and requirements for your flight needs..

Recently certified

38mm H 246/100 16" case I 499/110 24"case (re-cert)

75mm K 1988/460 30"case

Cheer's Scott...

Scott Harrison

The biggest hybrid complaint is motor length.

The second biggest "issue" is visibility of exhaust from the tank fill.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've started putting together a page detailing the pros/cons/features of the different systems available - I still need to fill in a lot of gaps on individual motors, but the main range-wide features are there.

38mm motors will tend to give you more thrust than the 29mm RATT motors, however in the right rocket all the motors available will perform well.

I think that things to consider are:

How does it go together (snap rings/threaded)? What's the peak thrust? What ignition options are there (for example in the UK pyro is a no-no, so the SRS motors lose out there a little perhaps compared to WCH and PP motors which are designed for non-pyro ignition. I'm sure the SRS motors could be lit just as well with GOX though, after all these motors all burn PolyPro or PVC!).

My page is at:

HTH, any comments welcome.

Reply to
Niall Oswald