Why was the BALLSdate changed??? This is BS.

Now they pulled it back a week?

I heard the BALLS organizers screwed up and didn't make reservations in time at Bruno's Motel in Gerlach for the originally scheduled week so they changed the BALLS event to Sept. 10-11-12 so they could have rooms.

If this is true I say BULLSHIT. I based my yearly vacation on this and now they have screwed me and several others who already had plans.

We all have to pay for their lack of planning.

Reply to
Bill Diggins

Hmm... Mark C's message simply said: "Bruno's called, there will be no room at the inn for us on the original date." It hasn't been stated what the conflicting event was, or how the situation arose. Do you have additional information to support a claim that the "organizers screwed up and didn't make reservations in time"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Individuals have to make reservations at Bruno's hotel. I've never heard of any group rate or having to mention BALLS when you reserve at Bruno's. Supposedly, the organizers check with Bruno's every fall before they announce the date of the event for the next year.

They should have just left date as it was. There are as many or more folks that stay on the playa in RVs or tents as stay at Bruno's. His hotel simply doesn't have that many rooms.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Bruno's said there was a screw-up and that many people who HAD to have reservations couldn't get them. It appeared he was talking about the big cheeses.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Diggins

They screwed with guys like me who have to set vacations up the year prior. I can't go now but I'm sure this will make it so another person can so it's a wash.

I just hope it wasn't over this Bruno's deal.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Diggins

Well life is full of surpises ... I am sure this will pass and the sun will still rise tomorrow ... I just think of all the jews who were gased and burned in NAZI ovens and how their vactions were screwed up to ... I wonder ...

Reply to
Word of Reason