1/72 C2 Greyhound ?

Is there a 1/72 C2 out there?

Lloyd Curtis Call the ball

Reply to
Tigger899

I think Fujimi makes one.

Reply to
Gary Kato

Both Formaplane and RVHP Models make conversions, AFAIK.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

I have a vacform conversion set for a C2 hidden away somewhere - to be used with the Fujimi E-2.

When I say 'set' - it is actually just two vacform fuselage halves. The wings, tails, wheels etc are to be provided from the E2 kit.

I never did get around to making it - but I think it was by Airmodel ??

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

No. That is an E-2 Hawkeye. They do the A, C and N variants.

Airmodel once did an C-2, but my notes indicate that only a few test shots were produced.

The only other source would be hard to find and very expensive "solid" desk models made from mahogony and resin in the Philippines, assembled and pre-painted.

If you want to know what has been produced in 1/72 scale you may want to obtain a subscription to ESM 72. Subscription information available be e-mailing the address above.

Tom Young MAI/ESM 72

Reply to
Maiesm72

I think the one I've got is Formaplane, but the Falcon Triple Conversion set no. 9 apparently includes a C-2, as well as an AD-5 and an FJ-3.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

No, but Fujimi does a E-2 Hawkeye (also released under Heller's name). Falcon made an excellent vac conversion fuselage to turn it into a C-2. Someone else made a conversion but I'd skip it.

Curt

Reply to
C Knowles

I've got a resin fuselage made by somebody... to be used with the Fujimi E-2 kit. Got it on e-bay about three years ago and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

there are quite a few uk model shops that may have this vacform, but it will take a lot of looking for. you could try

ed models,

tahs [the aviation hobby shop],
hannants,

i have no idea if any of the decal manufacturers ever did a C-2 on a decal sheet, but with the general US decal sheets it would not be too hard to do the decals for a C-2.

trevor

[who hopes he has recalled the www address' properly]
Reply to
87015

Not only did I get the aircraft wrong, but the company too. It turns out I was thinking of the Hasegawa 1/72 US-2.

Reply to
Gary Kato