Opinion on 1/48 Testors F4

My son received a Testors F4 wild weasel as a gift. Any thoughts? I haven't openned the box yet, but was currious what the masses had to say.

Lloyd Curtis Call the ball

Reply to
Tigger899

As a kid's model it's fine. Raised lines, simple cockpit with decal instruments, etc. When he gets it together, it'll look like an F-4. The fit is not great, but as a building exercise, he can do it.

If you want to take things 'seriously' the nose is too tapered from the top; the cockpit has open gaps around the consoles and bulkheads; the ordnance (Shrike and Standard Arm) is not very good. The Hasegawa G is a much nicer, more detailed kit, but again not easy to build. It has also gotten really expensive.

Frank

Frank

Reply to
ROTORFRANK