SEM

Mine arrived this morning. Excellent issue, chums on front and back, features on Internal Fire and The Anson open day, and an interesting editorial...... ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Excellent issue, chums on front and back,

I agree with your comments about this months issue Roland. The editorial has made me think that although I have kept the receipts of the kit I have bought at auction and have all the engine serial numbers, is this enough. I have some photos, but maybe I need to get some decent photos of all the collection. The question is how far do you need to go to legally prove that it is actually yours?

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
John Rogers
.

And some skinny bloke with what looks like a boat engine inside.

Reply to
Nick H

I only live six miles from kelsey and mine usually turns up first!

Not today though, I rang them as I have just renewed my subscription (which had gone through) and the nice girl on the other end informed me that they would not go out until the first! Hopefully it will come tommorrow!

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor

Gentlemen,

Dont need to read my or look at the pics as from reading your posts I have a pretty good idea whats in this months :-((

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

And we've already carved up the classified between us!

Reply to
Nick H

And we've already carved up the classified between us!

Don't rub it in, Nick, I'm eager to have a look and our post never arrives before I go to work :-(.

Its alright for Martin, he can sit at home with his big toe in traction, sipping coffee and reading SEM. Careful the moths don't get that tutu, while your dancing career's on hold, Martin! ;-)

Who wrote the Internal Fire article, BTW?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

"Arthur G" wrote (snip):-

That'll be you Arthur!

Reply to
Nick H

Just making sure you noticed ;-)

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

It occurred to me that the majority of the contributors this month participate in this forum to one degree or another. I thought the articles I didn't write were pretty good ;o)) so well done everyone!

Good edition, although there was nothing to light my fire in the classifieds - much to Hazel's relief.

If anyone is concerned about their engines getting nicked and not being able to prove they are theirs, take a series of chemical photos of each one with a copy of today's paper and a utility bill in the shot. Get the film developed and write the engine's details, serial number etc on the back of the photo. Seal the set of photos in an envelope and send it to yourself Recorded Delivery.

When it arrives, lodge it with your bank unopened.

It may not prove without question that they were legally obtained, but anyone who goes to that much trouble must be serious & that kind of thing is always a useful reference.

There is a statute of limitations applying to theft which gives the UNSUSPECTING buyer of stolen goods legal title after six years.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Any of you chaps work for the publishers of SEM?

I paid for my subscription online on March 9, but haven't received any magazines yet. My credit card has been billed. I used their web page to try to contact them, but they have not responded.

What adds insult to injury is that they pulled this same stunt on me about two years ago. By the time I remembered that I hadn't received any magazines, it was too late for me to figure out if they had billed my credit card or not, so I just wrote it off.

This time I'm more than a bit miffed. I'm not willing to let them run away with my money this time.

If there are employees of Kelsey here, I would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks

Rob Skinner snipped-for-privacy@rustyiron.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Rob Skinner La Habra, California

Rob Skinner

Rob I suggest you follow up using snail to the Editor, Gordon Wright. Kelsey's email system is almost permanently dodgy if the excuses are to be believed. best of luck Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

The Editor does look at these NG Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

|On Thu, 27 May 2004 08:58:36 +0100, "Roland and Celia Craven" | wrote: | |>Mine arrived this morning. Excellent issue, chums on front and back, |>features on Internal Fire and The Anson open day, and an interesting |>editorial...... |>ttfn |>Roland | | |Any of you chaps work for the publishers of SEM? | |I paid for my subscription online on March 9, but haven't received any |magazines yet. My credit card has been billed. I used their web page |to try to contact them, but they have not responded. | |What adds insult to injury is that they pulled this same stunt on me |about two years ago. By the time I remembered that I hadn't received |any magazines, it was too late for me to figure out if they had billed |my credit card or not, so I just wrote it off. | |This time I'm more than a bit miffed. I'm not willing to let them run |away with my money this time. | |If there are employees of Kelsey here, I would appreciate some |assistance. |

Try Kelsy subscription phone line. I have found then helpful in the past. They usually find your details (if they have them) from your post code.

01959 541400 or try direct email to: snipped-for-privacy@kelsey.co.uk
Reply to
use_reply_to_address_but_not

Rob is in Alhambra, California.

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Peter, Thanks for pointing that out I dont usually look down that far :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

We had a nice evening meal with Rob & Kelley & others at LA after the Mount Wilson visit, Rob & Kelley were also exhibiting their engines ar Tulare.

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Hi Roland, Can you please send me Gordon's email address?

Thanks, Rob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Rob Skinner La Habra, California

Rob Skinner

Hi Rob,

Although an occasional contributor to SEM, I am in no other way an employee. However, I do have Gordon Wright's e-mail address and have forwarded your message directly to him.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn, Daily updated anti-virus software was used in the generation of this e-mail and any attachments, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that their incoming mail is virus free.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this seemingly insurmountable problem. I just got an email from Suzzane, saying that she's fixed it.

Rob