So, whatcha get?

Several models for Channukah including Trumpeter 1/72 LCM-3, AER SRL Moldova Russian river attack boat, Hasegawa B-25H, MAC Distrbution Opel fuel truck, a couple of diecast buses, MPM Lockheed Vega with floats, Pavla Gloster G.40 Pioneer and Special Hobby Pembroke.

For Christmas (we celebrate both as I am Protestant and Lynne and Justin are Jewish) it was all diecast. Model Power Polkarpov I-16, Corgi French Corsair, a couple of Hongwell cars.

Just for fun I received a radio control flying saucer. For the work station a nice selection of micro brushes, Silly Putty and a set of minature screwdrvers.

Along with the Disney goodies for all of us and some great cooking tools we had a great holiday. Probably because we buy things all year and set them aside for the holidays. :-) The best part is Justin's enthusiasm and sheer joy.

So, how did you all make out?

Merry Christmas , etc.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Super Silent 20A compressor. Peace and quiet at last!!

Reply to
Wildcat

i bought myself the heyford last week.

Same as i got last year and the year before, sweet FA, not a thing at all, not a single prezzie, get used to it after a few times.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Got the Testors Visible Hemi, a Badger 200-20 and a Badger Spray Booth, plus a very old / but still in the original wrapping Revell Calypso. I would say I did well. Merry Christmas to all...........

Reply to
unimodeler

Good choice. Unusual subject, makes a striking and eye catching finished model, fun build.

Good going.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

So, how did you all make out?

Trumpeter Liberty Ship with Tom's Modelworks Brass, Trumpeter Nimitz with air Groups, Atomic City (MRC) Mercury Capsule and Revell 1/72 U-Boat (some extrras still to come). I'm almost thinking I'd like to get the Liberty Ship or Capsule built before I go back to work on the 3rd. Been a bad year with other commitments - Haven't finished anything.

Hope everyone had a merry and safe Christmas - Beautiful day here on Long Island - got up early - and finally got to see the Planet Mercury (in the crystal clear morning sky). Been an amateur astronomer since junior high and some how never managed to see Mercury before - always lost in the crud too close to the horizon - maybe a good sign I'll get some other things done this coming year.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Jeans, chamois shirts, socks, undies (yes I did want that stuff), a resin cruiser from YMW of my choice (I have to order it) and we're waiting to see if a CW Indianapolis was in the UPS depot fire last week......

Reply to
Ron

I got the HitKit Albatros D.III 153,AModel SPAD A2,Roden Junkers D1,Star Wars DVD set,a lot of clothes....but no tall skinny blonde with big bazzookas :-P

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

yup, and i deserved it. i got 6 pc's built and given out this xmas. one to my 86 year old neighbor. i conned my isp out of a wireless modem, so she can surf the net. showed her the chippendalse site and i twas her first bookmark. the rest went to kids. so don't throw your old pc stuff away, someone always needs a pc and anything from a p1 up is good. if you aren't inclined, i can always use parts.

A combination Christmas and going away gift from the Nordland AMPS guys, a Trumpeter LCM(3). Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

i'm jonesin for that capsule...matbe somehow this year. carefull with your eyes on uranus.

Are you being transferred again already?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Maybe everybody is recognizing your hatred of Christmas.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Univer$al gift certificate$ for the "hobby fun(d)"

Reply to
Jeff C

Nothing related to models but Carol knew my CD burner had gone south and got me a new one. Got some clothes and other stuff I needed as well so I can't complain.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Yes, to Ft. Knox, KY the first week of January. I've spent almost 3=BD years in Mass., my second longest posting in over 17 years.

RobG

Reply to
rgronovius

I didn't realize it had been that long! What's your new unit at Knox?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Airfix 1/72 Concorde, only one model related pressie this year, but that's one more than most years !!!

Seasons greetings to you all

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

I only asked for one model and got it; the Grand Phoenix release of the Airfix

1/48 Spitfire FR-47 with resin and etched metal details. I also got a really neat aircraft print of Bud Day flying his F-100 in SEA and some clothes, etc, that I wanted.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier