So, whatcha get?

Uh... Nothing model related, thank goodness I still have a gift certificate for my fav. hobby shop, from my birthday a month ago.

But as far as family, and togetherness, I was and am truely blessed this most joyus of holidays !

Reply to
AM

Refuse to celebrate it until i get access to my youngest daughter.

Exactly same situation as a blind MP here with his kid, only diff is he has the cash and the government on his side and lots of publicity, hes not a no one that doesnt matter

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Then, if it was your choice not to celebrate, it seems to leave one with little room to complain about no gifts.

Admitting in advance that it';s none of my business; perhaps now, during the Christmas season, might be a good time to embrace the spirit of Christmas, have a reasonable and civil meeting with your daughter's mother about the issue. Perhaps some sort of agreement satisfactory to all parties could be reached. Long-term harboring of deep-seated anger and resentment certainly won't move the process forward.

At any rate, I hope you have a happy new year.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Nothing modeling related, a daily airplane calander, $20 gift crtificate to my favorite paintball store and my dog back from the hospital, she was seriously ill and diagnosed with diabetes. My wife and I agreed that saving her life was the best gift we could have.

Merry Christmas, Mark M

Reply to
Mark M

I wouldn't argue that, Mark. Merry Christmas.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Your situation with your daughter is certainly lamentable but I don't see how holding the celebration of Christmas hostage helps it any.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, I did get a handsome passel of hobby $$$ (family is scared to buy me anything in the hobby because they figure I've either got it or won't want it or that it will involve mail-ordering to some recently-formed Eastern European Republic that they can't even spell), I got at least as much joy out of giving stuff to my brother, my wife and my sister-in-law that they totally didn't expect, that they never would have got for themselves, and that they were very happy to receive. Add to that two family Christmas gatherings where the food was good, the kids well-behaved and the political content of the conversation nil, and it adds up to one of the best Christmases I've had in a long time.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I got a Badger Whirlwind compressor for my airbrush. Now I need the add-ons (regulator, moisture trap, line). Suggestions?

I also got gift cards to my local hobby shop and book store. Yes!

Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack1865

live near a harbo freight? or check them on line. sales for that stuff often.

Instead of trading presents, my family decided to share a pleasent experience. On the 17th we boarded an Airbus 319 in Manchester NH and took a trip to San Diego. Seven adults, one 12 year old and a 9 month old granddaughter. Couldn't have had a better time. We got back Christmas day. I've got all the "stuff" I could ever want. Happy memories are what I'm collecting now...ok, and the occasional model. My son-in-law sent me a 1/48 Hasegawa A6M2a that he bought at Toys R US on Okinawa. (The 19.99 price tag was still on it. :-) P.S. How does southern CA stand all those warm days and cool nights this time of year. I was so glad to get back to Maine so I could put on my heavy coat, boots and gloves :-o Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

I had that problem too for awhile. I used to get gift certificates from my favourite hobby shops but since there aren't any of those left I get clothes. My daughter surprised me with a new jacket. Whilst if fits my trunk the sleeves aren't long enough. I guess that reflects the average shape of American males now. I have no idea yet what if anything my son is gifting me with. He surely knows I could use a couple of zip discs so I'm likely to get something else entirely. :)

The closest thing to a model would be the '56 Dodge I ordered for myself from Modelhaus. My task is to recreate the base model Coronet sedan from the Custom Royal hardtop to match my father's car back in '56. Methinks the really hard part will be the hubcaps.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Not too badly hobby-wise, even given the low stock at VLS this year. Tamiya Marder III M, Nuts and Bolts book for it. Hummel and Nashorn vols as well. Some psycho Aber etch for the Sdkfz 234, ammo belts, and some Eduard Nashorn ammo boxes. Legends IDF M113 cupola and AFV clubs pak 43/41, and ammo for it and the Wespe.

Got my wife an in tub spa thingie that she loves, built up 1200+ pieces of legos for the boy and some Rokenbok for him (me..)

I've got it great, happy healthy family, good job I like doing, somewhat weather-proofed home, and a happy marriage.

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

I'm going to work for the installation DPTM (directorate of plans & training management). Basically the post G3 type job.

Reply to
rgronovius

I got a nephew. Born the 24th. When my brother called with the news, I mentioned that if they had had a girl, they could have called her Eve. He relayed that over the shoulder to his wife, and she affirmed that they were NOT coming to me for naming suggestions.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

An important job, no doubt. That said my guess is that you'd much prefer an assignment to a line outfit.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Could have tried "Christmas". ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Congratulationd to your family. Just train him right as soon as he can start with the snap-tites.

My loving wife gave me a Go-Video VHS to DVD recorder. Now My Jimmy Stewart collection will get transcribed. I also got a couple of old TV show disks at the dollar store yesterday (to learn how to use the machine). The usual stuff, Cisco Kid, Mr. & Mrs. North, Sherlock Holmes, etc. all out of the early fifties. One disk was "Flash Gordon" starring Steve Holland from 1953. It has some interesting examples of space hardware. Similar to Kraaft Ehricke or Werner von Braun ideas. I never heard of this show before this, but I think that I have some multi-media ideas coming up for 2005!

The Old Timer

Yes, but this assignment takes us back to where my wife is from and will carry me through 20 yrs. It is also an LTC job and as such, a move up. Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy