1/72 scale German U-Boat Type IXC?

Would you think some manufacturer might come out with this one? I know the VIIC is out. But could there be a possibility that a IXC would be out?

Reply to
William L. Powell

I hope they do. The U-505 is the most famous and only surviving type IX. Revell makes a 125 scale 505---I am hoping with the success of the VIIC it will make the 1/72 U-505.

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
Brian Francis

"Brian Francis" wrote in news:zTFPe.1053$ snipped-for-privacy@monger.newsread.com:

but the kit

IX is the

Nichimo kit

message

surviving type

success of the

message

this one? I

that a IXC

Also the Aurora/Monogram kit which is available fairly cheap on eBay.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Deservedly so. Stick with the Nichimo, or whoever's boxing it now. BTW, a type IX is a lot bigger than a Type VII, and was not a popular boat--long range was its only advantage. I'd like a British S or T in any scale.

Reply to
tomcervo

I doubt we'll see a type IX since it's so large. MPM is putting out its

1/72 Type XXIII and has announced a 1/72 Type II. Personally I'd be grateful for any allied WW2 sub, but I doubt we'll ever see them in 1/72. Not enough demand and they're too big.
Reply to
Mark Levine

At the risk of encuring the wrath of people who actually build rather than collect:

Comet Models did vacuform 1/72 Type IIIC, VIIC, IXC, IXD/2 and XXI as well as a Gato class boat.

OK, the boxes that they came in were a better starting point, but at least they were a starting pont.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The boxes?

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

There is a possibility that in the near future a conversion for the Revell Type VII will be out to convert it to a Type IX-C or IX-C-40.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

" snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com" wrote in news:z_ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

build rather

and XXI as

point, but at

for the

IX-C-40.

Ron, have you been doing some surrepticious research again that you can't talk about?

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Something like that, yeah. I'm up to 300 DVD-R's as archives for the .tif ship images I currently have and it's only going to get worse...;)

Reply to
rwsmithjr

" snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

that you

archives for the

get worse...;)

Vac, resin or other?

Or will you have to kill me after you tell me. In that case I can wait.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Reply to
Jack

Probably resin & brass to convert the Revell kit.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Without digging out a couple of references I can't be sure, but I believe there were such major differences between the VII and IX that about the only things usable from the Revell kit would be the conning tower and maybe the props.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

The fellow considering it is a professional modeller and I'm sure he's covered all the bases. Also note I only said it was a possibility and he's yet to determine if it's worth it.

Reply to
rwsmithjr