67 cougar 1/25 scale models

Where can I find a 1:25 SCALE 67 cougar model? John

Reply to
RBCC

You can search E-bay or check with Hobby Heaven and/or Fred Sterns. Be ready to pay a lot for it as it's been almost 40 years since it was produced.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Well John, Nothing on Model Empire or Hobby Heaven. Just these on ebay;

1969 COUGAR ELIMINATOR AMT ERTL 1/25 scale

Item number: 6049219893

1969 Mercury Cougar 1:25 2'n1 Model Kit AMT 38378

Item number: 6049090251

Mike

-- If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

Reply to
Mike G.

The '69 is pretty common, having been reissued a bunch of times. However, the '67 was here & gone. Probably got modified to make the '68 that was very similar. After that, who knows? If it was modified to make the '69 body, there's probably no going back for a repop. Sadly, the '69 is so different, a conversion would be a monumental task.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; built that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

RBCC wrote in news:Xns979FB02AA47EBnewsgroupsgoldencomp@198.186.190.155:

RBCC

Mad-Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com:

On Ebay search for reliable resin. They make and sell a resin kit from a

67 cougar kit. I bought one for $34.00 plus shipping. It's kind of rough, but with a 69 donor kit and some love, you can build a pretty nice model.

I owned a '68 Cougar XR-7 candy apple red with a white hard top when I was in high school. I sold it to our family mechanic, who still has it. I will probably buy it back from him when my oldest son is ready to drive in a few years.

Reply to
Harry Shank

Harry Shank wrote in news:Xns97A2CF5213CAAhshankaolcom@

70.169.32.36:

Harry,

I had a '67 Cougar that was my first car, it was Seafoam Blue (or a powder blue) with 289 windsor engine. I then as a teen have since trashed it, I sure would like to own another one.

You mentioned that the model from reliable resins is little rough. What did you have to do to it to make it realistic? John

Reply to
RBCC

RBCC wrote in news:Xns97A2D3D99C282newsgroupsgoldencomp@198.186.190.150:

Well John, the model itself is pretty rough because he molds it from an existing kit, so there is a lot of flashing to get rid of. Not having any instructions makes it kind of difficult to know exactly what to trim and what to keep. Probably the only thing saving me is that having owned one I know what it should look like.

Don't get me wrong it's a nice kit, it's definitely not a production kit, so if you don't mind doing some body work, it is worth considering.

I had, for a short time, a 1968 XR-7 GT-E, which was a "Dan Gurney" special. It had a 390, black leather interior and was white with a black hard top. It had the factory sun roof option and I'll never know if it worked. This poor car was mostly made of bondo since it had probably been hit from every angle. It never ran, since the clod we bought it from (for $100) ran into a parking wheel stop and mashed the oil pan.

We ended up parting the car out, including the sun roof. It was a huge shame, there were only about 350 of those cars ever made.

Reply to
Harry Shank

Harry Shank wrote in news:Xns97A4CEC155ECFhshankaolcom@70.169.32.36:

I have I guess I can only say "Oh man". did you keep any pictures? I have never seen a Dan Gurney Special. It would have been a huges job to take out the bondo. How did you get your hands on it?

John

Reply to
RBCC

RBCC wrote in news:Xns97A660B7BDFF4newsgroupsgoldencomp@198.186.190.150:

There was an ad in the newspaper for an XR-7 for sale. I called and the guy said we could actually just have it if we paid for the storage fee. Apparantly, he lived in an apartment complex and after hitting the oil pan, he let it sit. The complex towed it away. We paid the storage fee, which was around $100 and he gave us the title.

Interesting enough, we didn't take any photos, except one which was a polaroid. I have a book on Mercury Cougars, I'll have to scan in a photo of one so you can see it.

Reply to
Harry Shank