80cm railroad gun on track

Hi gang,

Well, it looks like the 1/35 scale model of the 80cm Krupp railroad gun is on track. Now, I know everybody will want at least one of these kits, so you can find the info here:

And, yeah, apparently they are going to produce an aluminum bat, errr, barrel for it as well, just so you can bludgeon judges who proudly pronounce they have spotted as seam on the barrel. :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

The day this purchase would hit my credit card would be the same day I would feel the sting of a cast iron frying pan on my cranium (:>

My fear is quality and lack of good instructions and the ability to get missing or damaged parts. If I ever did buy something like this, I would have to see some reviews from someone I trust.........

Reply to
Count DeMoney

ok, who is gonna buy two?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Count DeMoney wrote: : : My fear is quality and lack of good instructions and the ability to get : missing or damaged parts. If I ever did buy something like this, I : would have to see some reviews from someone I trust......... : The company doing to molding appears to be Model Soar Workshops. They offer a 1/72 IJN Yamato if you really must have big things. :-)

Anyway, look them up, do a Google search for the above, and there are many photos of the Yamato. It looks very nice. Of course shipping to the states is almost enough to raise the orignal...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote: : : ok, who is gonna buy two? : I have given serious thought to purchasing three, to sell to you lot in the future for a slightly unreasonable consideration for your delay.

I am fairly certain it will be a collectors item. The question is, when, and for how much? As in, will they pay for themselves handsomely in time?

I have the dubious distinction of having all three of the 1/35 scale K5e kits that were released, and at one time I would have never expected there to be more than one. On the other hand, I still have the vogel platform, and there is only one!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

It actually appears to be Soar Art soarart.com who is promoting this kit. If you look at the pictures you see a reference to Metal Troops Creations metaltroops.com The photos appears to be scratch built in metal, probably by this company. As someone else mentioned, it is really evident in the handrails. That is a far cry from having tooling ready to produce this injection molded plastic. If / when they make the tooling, they will produce as many as they can sell for as long as they can. I can't imagine one short production run and then retire the tools? It wouldn't make any sense. The real demand would occur after there are published photos and a couple of build reviews in FSM or other publications.

Reply to
Count DeMoney