A semi-permanent gluing method?

Hi Everybody,

I have a Visible V8 motor (see it here:

I have bolted to a 12" x 15" sheet of masonite. The "motor mount" pegs only slide into the red frame, with nothing but gravity holding it in place.

I want to hang the masonite--board, frame, and engine--from the wall as sort of a decoration, but I don't want to glue the motor to the frame permanently. In case you're unfamiliar with these, they're a great way to teach kids about engines, as almost all pieces function as normal and it can still be broken down into it's smallest components and re-assembled, hence my hesitation to glue the mounts to the frame holes.

Any ideas? While hanging, the motor and frame will be at a 90-degree angle, and I'm sure that the slightest jarring would knock it loose and send it crashing to the floor. Any ideas for a semi-permanent attachment method?

Both the mounting pegs and the frame holes are plastic.

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric Bragas

I presume the "pegs" you're referring to are molded as part of the motor mount tabs, and they slide into holes in the red frame? If so, how about cutting the pegs off the motor mounts, gluing them into the holes, drill them out, then running #12 or #14 sheetmetal screws through the motor mount holes into the pegs? That kit must be older than I thought, or all the original Renwal engineers could find was a an original 50's 283 to model from. I don't remember the starter ever being on the driver's side though, and if I had a nickel for every Chevy V-8 starter I've changed....

Reply to
Disco58

that I have bolted to a 12" x 15" sheet of masonite. The "motor

Ordinary old PVA woodworking glue .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I like this idea, as it sounds much cleaner than other suggestions (glue, silicone, etc.). It's mechanical, too, which adds to the experience for kids, as opposed to cutting through glue or tape or whatever.

Reply to
Eric Bragas