Acrylic paint "gelled"

One of my Model Master acrylic paints has, well, gelled. It has the consistency of pudding (which is all I can think of since it's RLM 79 Sandgelb). What should I add to the bottle to liquify it again?

Reply to
CortxVortx

Water or alcohol, but it may be too late...try mixed fruit.

Reply to
Rufus

One of my Lifecolor paints did this, and I tried rescuing it with Tamiya thinner. That went well enough until it gelled up in the airbrush whilst spraying. Had to strip it right down and spend an afternoon cleaning it. Throw it away is my advice.

Reply to
flak monkey

i had luck with 99% alcohol and mechanical shaking for 20-30 minutes. i tape it to the blad of a electric jig saw and let it run.

Reply to
someone

Alcohol added to it. And use a rattleball (salvaged from a dead spray can) to aid mixing. The paint will be fine for brushing; I'm not sure if I'd want to use it in a spray gun. Prolly depends on how well it thins down. Good luck!

Reply to
The Old Man

on 1/4/2008 4:56 PM CortxVortx said the following:

I use Testors Acryl Thinner to thin mine. It contains propylene glycol.

Reply to
willshak

Try some Future in a small amount of your paint and see how it goes.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

What to add? Money - for a new bottle of paint. I wouldn't risk my airbrush or my model.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Reply to