AIR: PBY-5A Catalina interior

Bought the Airfix 1/72 kit. Want to build the RAF Coastal Command version (just as soon as Airfix provide the missing instruction sheet, but that's another story!).

However - the side blisters are huge, and the kit's interior detail is non-existent. Does anyone have on-line references for interior pics of the mid-section, around the blisters please?

Thanks in hope,

Jonathan.

Reply to
Jonathan Smith

Go to

click on walkarounds, then click on the PBY link. This will give you some cutaway photos of a PBY at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, Fla.

Reply to
Paul

With the amount of work you're talking about adding, you might want to spring for the PBY Walk-Around by Squadron.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

FYI,

I just finished the Academy PBY-5 kit. It includes some detail for the waist position-- bulkheads fore and aft, a floor, gunner's platforms, and .50 cal MGs with shields.

I started out intending to build the Revell version in 1/72. I looked at the interior shots at the PBY website somebody else already recommended, and put th eproject on the back burner for a bit, when I realized what was needed. Then, I won the Academy kit in a club raffle, and saw how much nicer it was than the old Revell kit.

I ended up building the Academy kit OOB, and the Revell kit will end up on Ebay some day....

Reply to
RC Boater

i screwed up the top wing on my revelle. want to sell your now?

Thanks fotr the replies, everyone!

Reply to
Jonathan Smith