Airboss modification to P-3

Hasegawa is releasing their P-3C kit with an "Air Boss" modification for the
JMSDF. It is a ventral structure, just behind the cockpit, and appears
sort of similar to the USAF Airborne Laser configuration on the C-135
airframe. I've looked on the net,and can't find a good reference for this
modification anywhere. Does anyone on this group know just what it is?
Thank you,
Don H.
Reply to
Don Harstad
While I don't have the answers you're looking for, you might try:
Type P-3 as your keyword, then under the Airlines pulldown menu, scroll down until you get to the JMSDF selection. If nothing else it'll get you more high-quality photos. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing, I believe it's just a "radome," altho not necessarily containing RADAR (if that makes any sense).
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Checked those photos... I see what you mean, but those are the satellite communications antennas under the upper front radome. The thing I'm referring to can be seen at Hobby Link Japan, under aircraft, then Future Releases, and P3 Airboss. Looks lots like a flir turret mounted on top, so I'm thinking it must be something else...
Don H.
Reply to
Don Harstad
Oops, sorry about that.