airmodel Horten IX, how poor?

I'm building a 70's Airmodel vacform of Horten IX/Gotha 229. There are ridicilously few parts, of which only the two flying wing halves are useful, the instructions are also comical. I see some the more obvious shape flaws: the canopy doesn't resemble the original & a flat underbelly without the "bump" housing the landing gear. Do any of you experts know of any other flaws in this model? For some sick reason i absolutely love building it...

Pertti

Reply to
juustomestari-poistatämä-

Well, I think it's better than the Pioneer kit. The latter does come with a landing gear and other useful bits, so cross-kitting is an option, but there's not much you can do about the shape issues, except to posit that a production Go 229 might have looked more like what you have than did the first prototype :-)

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

OK...i'm happy to say i successfully made a better (not perfect) canopy by vacforming with a very crude candle/vacuum cleaner system.

Pertti

Reply to
juustomestari-poistatämä-

I have the Airmodel Horten IX/ Go 229 model. I believe the main landing gear doors are to small and the wrong shape.

Gary

Reply to
m.gary.kroman