airwaves whats up doc?

Just been to the website, says no new orders are allowed for some time, anyone have more info? ta

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Hannants have just announced the aquisition of Airwaves and their product line, see

for full story.

Cheers,

Troffa.

Reply to
Mark Wilson

thanks, shame that

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

The owner of E.D. models is quitting to spend more time with his daughter according to a letter published on Hyperscale. Not just Airwaves but Almark decals need new owners. I think there are two other lines E.D. also produces. Thank you Hannants! hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

just checked hyperscale, cant find it.

been to the shop once, tiny little thing, nice tho, met them every year exept last year at the big UK IPMS show, v nice guy, little guy IIRC with glasses and a old woman.

As much as i like hannants, being raised by my grandparents with there lil mom n pop store i prefer the personal touch where your greeted by your name, or face at least not how much you spend

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

i did read it a few days ago on hyperscale about hannants taking over but not why etc, slipped my mind

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I think I met him at the Chicago Nat'ls in 2001; bought many Almark decals. Pleasant chap, shame to see him go. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

That would be Andrew Deeley - son of Ed Deeley - founder of ED Models.

The 'little old lady' was Andrew's mother - wife of ED.

They will be sadly missed - thank goodness that Hannants are taking up the Airwaves range.

Ken

Keeper wrote:

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Thanks for the elucidation Ken! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

...will provide the notice. Andrew is retiring E.D. Models and everything involved. If I had a printer I'd make copies of some of the pages from the Airwaves website so I could refer back and see what was missing after Hannant's takes over.

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper