AMS Defeated!!!

What, you want him to start building something else? Who knows when it'll be finished?

Reply to
Rob Kelk

Yep, you've got the early symptoms. You don't appear to be terminal yet, so go to the hobby shop and pray! As the symptoms develop, completion rate drops, number of unfinished models increases, inability to be satisfied and stop detailing a certain item increases. When it takes you 10 years to complete a model, you defintely are suffering from the syndrome. One method to alleviate the effect is to build a kit out of the box every once in a while, but this is not a cure.

Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Thank you Dr. Rick, for that diagnosis, I'll try that. I've taken a hiatus from building till I get this Associates Degree out of the way, and that is done in May. Then I'm going to get back into it, big time! Also, divorce will be final, so won't have that distraction either. Just me and the two grown kids here now. No worrys......;-) Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

LOL, I've got a Spitfire here that was decalled on one side only during the Winter of '75-'76. I'm hoping the rest of the markings are still to be found. I had a Hasegawa B-47 that was started back in '68 but I got tired of seeing it around so I sold it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

are there many problems with that 47 bill? i have one and had high hopes for it.

Mike wrote regarding an amateur diagnosis of early AMS:

Sssssh! Don't tell them that I am practicing therapy without a license. They'll pull my Xacto and raise my insurance again. A "slammer" every once in a while is good for the soul. Then I've got a Cleveland P-6E that I have been converting from balsa to plastic for over 10 years.

Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

The biggest problem was getting the white undersides painted on it. Most whites tend to yellow with age and I was fooling around trying to work that out. There is, of course, the natural metal part to fuss with too. Construction had reached the point of adding the wings to the fuselage and one attempt at painting the undersides. Aside from the ongoing effort to downsize the collection numerically and physically there was Hobbycraft's neat little 1/144th kit. That kind of doomed the big one. I sold it and the B-52, B-1A and B-36 to a friend in the secondhand kit business.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

i'll give it a shot anyway. seems like a pretty simple kit.

Tom, I still have an original Memphis Belle kit from Revell that is on the back of the bench. I also have a Revell 1/32 F4 from my time in country. Those are my oldest ones that I haven't finished.

Woody

Maiesm72 wrote:

Reply to
Woody