Hey, its my birthday - what should I buy?

hit the big 45 today.

ordered the 1/32 Academy F-18 last nite and this morning at my desk at work was the 1/72 U-Boat and four sets of Jaguar 1/35 Germans from Great Models.

Am I tapped out or should I keep going?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

For my birthday this year on the big 4-0 I treated myself to a Tamiya Corsair and a Wildcat on sale at Hobby Lobby. Total bill was about $18 bucks. Roughly the cost of the paint for all the kits you bought. Yeah, you're thru... dammit! ;-)

Nice haul, and Happy Birthday Older Fart.

WmB

WmB

Keep going - there are five etch sets out there from Eduard for that

1/32 Academy F/A-18 alone...
Reply to
Rufus

(badly qouted from Animal House) "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" "Germans?" "Shut up, he's on a roll." "NO! It wasn't over then and it's not over now. It's not over until WE say it's over! Who's with me!!!"

Call it a mid-life crisis moment and compare the cost of your purchases to a converible sports car.

Now tell the wife/sig other that you only want to spend 10% of the $55,000 + cost of the car. Or even 1%..

Or start saving for the big 5-0...

Nah.. buy some more..

My US$0.02.. Mike With the $450 slush fund starting to smoulder in the pocket only a week + from AMPS

Reply to
MLDHOC

Congratulations, sonny! That's way more than my measly $9 purchase to celebrate 55 a while back. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Revell BV222

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

Young punk!

Hit the not so big 59 this morning, except for the left knee which claims to be

  1. I'm buying a magnifier so the model scale won't have to go to 1:1.

Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

ricj kids! i got a card.

I have a left knee that has the same opinion. It developed that attitude about two summers back.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

And I have the syattica (man, I ~know~ that's mis-spelt!) to go with them!

The Old Timer

Ooohhh, Yeah! I have one of those left knees too! Ended my bowling nights a couple of years back. (I'm 66 this month).

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

This thread is getting depressing, lets kill it!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Thanks.....