Any comments?

it's beautiful ugly. sometimes the aesthtic of looks works backwards. i think the bv141 is one of the sublimely most beautiful ac ever,

Reply to
someone

Okay ... I think I get it ... in a "Beauty and the Beast" or "Hunchback of Notre Dame" kinda way ...;)

- nilita

Reply to
La N

If you want ugly, how about boxboats? The Panama Canal Authority has a website with a webcam, so you can see for yourself.

Richard Casady

You're right. Ugly is as ugly does ....

- nilita

Reply to
La N

maybe you missed my point? not ugly for ugly's sake, but the ugly of form following function to equal the beauty pf perfection in design. the box boats are ugly, no doubt.

Reply to
someone

I think Casady was helping me get perspective. IOW, there is "ugly" and then there is UGLY (as in the box boats).

- nilita

Reply to
La N

:> If you want ugly, how about boxboats? The Panama Canal Authority has :> a website with a webcam, so you can see for yourself.

: : You're right. Ugly is as ugly does .... :

You would know.

Ugly to the bone, I tell you...

Reply to
Fred J. McCall

Because it _is_ ugly. I've got a 1/144th scale Soviet N-1 Moon rocket sitting in front of me as I type this, and it's no looker either.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Hmm ... phallic symbols ... 'splains everything ...%)

- nilita

Reply to
La N

EGGSACKERLY! you have it.

Reply to
someone

I always thought the thing looked more like a Stalinist lighthouse design than a rocket. Although Wernher von Braun must have been flattered if he knew about its design, because it looks like a finless version of his conical Collier's rocket, right down to the 30 massed engines in the first stage. Getting this back on models:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

except that he would not have had 42 engines on his. how many did the saturn V's use? i seem to remember 12...but my memory sucks.

Reply to
someone

some guy in main has a similar 1/20 scale graf spee that he rides around in

Ray O\'Hara

i liked its looks.

Reply to
Ray O\'Hara