Anyone but me think they've seen this product before...

...under a different but well respected name.

Nah, couldn't be.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck......

Cheers.

Gray Ghost wrote:

Reply to
The Ranger

They are Vallejo paints. It isn't a big secret. They make the paint for Aeromaster and it even says "Made in Spain" on the bottles. Aeromaster never made their own paint. Their previous enamals and acrylics were just Floquil Classic Military colors and Polly Scale paints with a different name, although allegedly the paints were "toned down" for scale effect.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Aeromaster had their paint line manufactured by Floquil IIRC. When Floquil was bought by RPM I think that agreement came to an end. Aeromaster's parent company closed it's doors; the people who ran Aeromaster went on to found Eagle Strike and eventually recovered the name Aeromaster. Who's making the paint for them at this point is off my radar; I wish it was enamel. The legal structure of many modeling companies is this convoluted. Anyone else got a fact to contribute? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Nah, couldn't be>

Not sure what products you're referring to, but the problem I have with it is price. Call me a tightwad, but at $2.99 a bottle, plus shipping, it gets to be a bit much. On one hand it's nice to be able to shoot straight out of the bottle, but I'd rather have paint I can thin and stretch a bit, getting at least a little more paint for the money.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

Well, don't even think about that. They dry too fast.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

I was under the impression they were made by Vallejo. Same quality as the Vallejo Air line.

Dan

Reply to
DNSH

Um, I think the reason that the agreement ended was that Testors jacked up the wholesale cost and Aeromaster couldn't competitively sell the paint for the price they'd have had to charge. I have some of each varieties and the Aeromaster is a different shade than Testors' examples. It could be the scale effect.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller