Anyone Into Model Rocket Kits?

If so, Hobby Lobby - 50% Off Coupon:

I wonder if you went to the cash with a Revell "Apollo Saturn V" or other plastic model rocket kit, they would take the coupon.

A "Space Shuttle kit" would be really pushing you luck. LOL!

James

Reply to
James D. Farrow

Actually, they are speaking of flyable model rockets, i.e. Estes or Quest or Aerotech.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Parson

I was aware of that. Hence the joking about trying to get regular plastic model kits at 50% off with the coupon.

James

Reply to
James D. Farrow

OOPS, sorry, was just trying to show my 'superior knowledge' on the subject of Rocketry. If you noticed my sig line, I'm Level 2 Qualified......like that makes an ant's hill of difference now that the Homeland Security Act went into effect!

No offense intended, Oh, and happy modeling! (currently working, and VERY impressed with myself so far, ((as I'm a ROOKIE at modeling)), on an F150 street stock truck conversion to F350 Tow Truck!!!!)

; )

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Parson

Here are some BIG model rockets available as kits:

Ralph Nardone

"What's going on now." In a nutshell, the HSA and ATF have decided that APCP is an explosive. As of May 24th, without an LEUP it is unlawful to have anything bigger than a G-80...or something like that. I've all but given up on the hobby, but Sen Enzi from Wyoming is trying to get an exception and it looks like we are going to be limited to motors under .9 pounds, and no more than 25 pounds of motors at a time.

I can't afford the bigger stuff anyway, but still, after going through what I have to be certified where I am, it would be nice, if I -wanted- to, to be able to launch an L!

Oh well

Reply to
Thomas Parson

Greeeeat.... What about hybrids? Thought they were OK by the previous regs - could even be transported in private vehicles without all the special explosive what-not....

Reply to
EGMcCann