B25 - G in the RAAF

I have an Accurate Miniatures Mitchell B25G awaiting starting. On trawling the internet recently I found a mention of a B25G in Royal Australian Air Force usage during the 2nd WW. I wonder if there are any decals available for such an animal? Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance

David

Reply to
David Pennington

"David Pennington" wrote in news:c7348v$g4l$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

Sqn used B25C's & B25J's. I don't think Aussie Decals has a website but their address is PO Box 94,Redbank 4301 QLD. Hope this helps.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Burnley
2 SQN RAAF flew B-25B, C & J model Mitchells as did 18 SQN Royal Netherlands East Indies Air Force. Be aware that the RAAF "C" Models were modified in the tail and side gun positions. Try
and type into the search engine B-25 or Mitchell for some photos, also try
and type in Mitchell, although this one might come up dry.

HTH

Phil Hastie Canberra Australia

Reply to
Phil & Annette Hastie

Thanks but I think I go myself confused. I read about an action where a B25G crashed and the crew were taken captive. Later the Mitchell was destroyed from the air by another. I read it that it was RAAF but now on second reading I think it was USAAF so I am back to making a USAAF model. It leaves me thinking that the RAAF never flew any G models - indeed the only two sent to the UK were used for testing and never went into service.

Thanks anyway.

For your interest the item was at

but a further search found this which shows it to be definately a USAAF machine:

Regards

Reply to
David Pennington

Thanks

Have a look at my other answer. I think I was on the wrong track.

Reply to
David Pennington